Car Nuts: 1964 Plymouth Sport Fury

I think my dad's gonna keep it a sleeper. We're certainly going to get the interior restored among paint and some other stuff. Mainly, my dad wants to keep it a nice lookin cruiser with a nice surprise under the hood. :p
To go along with the nice surprise under the hood, you need to get some electronic exhaust cutouts. That way you can have your nice street exhaust and put some good sounding mufflers and keep things civilized, then when you go to "surprise" someone, just flip a switch and things will go completely nuts, especially if you have the exhaust dumping right out the side and right into the side of their car....lol

Did someone say "1970 Dodge Challenger"?

1020200845451pmjs1.jpg

That's the only pic I have of our ol' 1970 R/T SE Dodge Challenger. It was equipped with a 383 Magnum, 727 TorqueFlite transmission, Heavy Duty suspension (Hemi), full leather interior, special gage package and overhead console. It originally had a white "Super Bee" stripe around the rear end, but my parents didn't like it as it was supposed to be yellow, so they had it painted over. It also had those cool Super Bee stickers in the rear quarter windows.

Unfortunately, it died an ugly death back in 1980, not too long after this pic was taken. My brother was drinving it and was nearly hit head on by a car passing another car around a corner. He was spun off the road and down an embankment, coming to rest on it's roof. My brother was shaken up, but unhurt. The car was a total loss. :(

Unfortunate, if I ever make a living where I'm comfortable enough to buy a new car every 3-4 years without disposing of current cards I'll start a collection of pre-90s. By then I'm sure 80s will be as admirable as 70s in today's society.

I'm not sure about 80's becoming admirable. 80's was an ugly era for cars..

PS: Pictures will come guys, I've been super busy lately.

Back
Top Bottom