Question with Monitors.

I heard 2 times now get a better vid card but my card is currently running the games I play at max settings with max FPS. I donno what other games will run higher frame rate. So right now my set up is ok and even if I could technically get higher FPS I would not notice a difference from my current 60FPS, right?

So right now my set up is ok and even if I could technically get higher FPS I would not notice a difference from my current 60FPS, right?
Correct. You would probably not notice a difference between 60FPS and 120FPS.

Just wondering, do you have the latest drivers installed for your 8800GT?

Well they were about 2 months ago. Unless they came out with another which they probably did. But yeah they are pretty new.

Alright I just got the newest driver. On a side note, I am happy with my FPS because I am getting max on UT3 and probably on other games I am getting more than 60FPS so if I can't see more than 60FPS then I don't care but if I was able to see them I would upgrade. I also play with everything max graphics detail on 1920x1200 resolution

for me, as long as i get about 40FPS, i am happy.
I think the reason to have around 60+ FPS is like in case some big explosion or something happens, and you wont lag.

I also play with everything max graphics detail on 1920x1200 resolution
Well there's the answer. Most of those who say they are getting 100 - 120FPS are running at a much lower resolution. You're getting great results at that massive resolution at max settings.

Well there's the answer. Most of those who say they are getting 100 - 120FPS are running at a much lower resolution. You're getting great results at that massive resolution at max settings.

On top of that you need to take into account that his card is not the edge of technology anymore. This just shows you how fast today's technology moves. But, frankly, the 8800GTS is a great card. Much faster than my 8600GT.

Back
Top Bottom