Im trying to install windows xp...

dcjose201

Baseband Member
But i keep getting a message that says

"Error:
Installation Failed: D\1386\asms. Error message: Incorrect Function.

Fatal Error:
One of the components that Windows needs to continue setup could not be installed.

Incorrect Function.

***"

Does anybody know why its doing this? I thought at first it might be something that had to do with the harddrive so i reformated the harddrive and tried to install it again and still keep getting this message.

Can we get some more details about the system you are trying to install this on? Things like motherboard, CPU, drives, etc.

Are you using an original XP CD or a burned copy?

Hows the CD look? any Scratches? I know that i had a few scratches on my xp cd and i god an error message like yourself.

If its the Cd you can try ti repair it but if you cant, the only other way its to buy a new one =/

Yes, first thing I'd look at is the CD for scratches or just any other kind of dirt/smudge. There is also the chance that it is just a bad burn of the disk.

If the disk isn't the issue, get us your system specs like atomic asked for.

well the cd is an iso burned to a disc.i dont think its the disk because I have used the same disk to install xp on my other computer. I dont know what the specs are but i will find them and post them when i get a chance to. Thanks for the help guys. I even tried using a xp home disc and got the same message.

Back
Top Bottom