ATI 4870? Cmon

u get 60-90 multiplayer with a 880ogt?

i should def be getting 100 or better hands down..

im gonna get a better PSU even tho no one stated that yet. im gonna go get a 600watt.. OCZ
COD4 multiplayer is toned down a notch. And you can't compare Teny's results to yours, your spec's are completely different, you don't know what settings he uses, what OS he runs etc, there are so many variables that it's impossible to compare.

And I already told you, your PSU will have no impact on performance whatsoever.
im sure i will but still..idk man i get kinda upset when i payed 300 for the card and i cant push over 100 fps in almost all my games?? like cmonnn
Just because you bought a good card doesn't mean you'll automatically get 99999+ FPS is all games with max settings.
according to this, you should be getting about 82FPS.
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=14
Anandtech's test rig isn't comparable to the OP's, they're not using the same in games settings. Their OS could be different, driver etc...

And like I said before, CPU bottlenecking occurs at low resolutions like 1280x1024, you likely won't see the performance difference between the two cards unless you invest in a new panel.

Yeah maybe it is at the resolution you play because I play @ 800 x 600 and get 100~125 constant with a xfx 8600 gt

Try using it in some one else's computer if it works better (at a bigger solution) get a new monitor :/

or try Crysis.
When i was using 8800GT SLI, i didnt get any performance increase, but when i turn on AA, i still get the same FPS.
When i tried 8800GT SLI it was with my old AMD build.

See if you get more frames without AA, then try with AA.

ran some tests today on multiple things! got a new PSU ocz 600watt swapped it out my card sounded like it was gonna blow up cuz i guess with my old psu really wasnt giving it enough power. i turned the fan to 50% and old PSU didnt sound loud. thats y i didnt know what the hell everyone was talkin about this card being loud. then i plugged up the new PSU and shit sounds like a vaccum lol but i did get an increase. now im constant @ 150 fps with no smoke edges.

so worshipme dont wanna tell u that u was wrong bro. but it was the psu man dont understand it. but yeah fixed!

I'm sorry, that's not possible. A PSU is not going to give you a performance increase. If a PSU is insufficient, it would cause lock ups, freezes, restarts etc but not reduced performance.

turn on the smoke edges and see how it performs.

i thought that if the PSU doesnt give enough power, the system becomes unstable.

then tbh i have no idea what it was...i switched out power supplies and im gettin better performance. im dumb founded as well

Back
Top Bottom