What Video Card should i get?

Did you just say "better" display?
- CRTs can achieve much higher refresh rates at higher resolutions. I can run 1920x1440 @ 85Hz on my 22" CRT, don't tell me you LCD can do that.
- Like it or not, LCDs do still have a response time, however small it may be, CRTs do not suffer from this drawback.
- I am not limited to my native res, I can comfortably run 1600x1200 or 1920x1440, and not have a skewed image.
- CRTs have a much better contrast ratio, as well as colour depth and richness.

Of course, I'm talking about a decent CRT, not some POS made in 1993.

- CRTs can achieve much higher refresh rates at higher resolutions. I can run 1920x1440 @ 85Hz on my 22" CRT, don't tell me you LCD can do that.
- Like it or not, LCDs do still have a response time, however small it may be, CRTs do not suffer from this drawback.
- I am not limited to my native res, I can comfortably run 1600x1200 or 1920x1440, and not have a skewed image.

on average, how much would one cost?

For a good one it would cost like 180$ newegg only has 2, a cheap one or a nice high priced one

i will probaly go with the 9800 GTX and see if anyone can change my mind before i buy it

maybe just a 9800 gt because i am on a budget

maybe a 8800gtx

... IDK!!!!

since it seems like you will be playing at a lower res, then choose the 9800GT to save money, you probably wont get that much of a performance increase with the GTX unless you are going to get an higher res monitor which i think its like 20"+?

im going for the cheapest i can get so is 119 on newegg i think and the crt is 89.99 but it got 2 one stars

Could you compose your posts in a more.....literate fashion? I have no idea what you're trying to say in this post...???

CRTs still suffer from uneven brightness....that's the only con I can think of....oh....and their massive size. :p

i will probaly go with the 9800 GTX and see if anyone can change my mind before i buy it

maybe just a 9800 gt because i am on a budget

maybe a 8800gtx

... IDK!!!!

ATI 4850! :D

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Product.aspx?Item=N82E16814102770

$140 after Mail-In-Rebate.

Back
Top Bottom