Pidge14

In Runtime
Alright, so here is my specs...

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core Processor 6000+ 3.01 GHZ
Asus motherboard...don't have specific specs, sorry
Sony drive
WD 320 IDE Harddrive
and XFX nvidia 8800 gt alpha dog edition

So this morning, i was getting ready for class, going to go check the weather and when i log on my resolution was low compared to what i had it. I didn't mind it my computer has giving me some problems so i was going to just re-install vista 64 bit edition. I did all that, loaded drivers, the whole nine yards. But i can't change the resolution higher than 1024 X 768. And i had it pretty high before. And sometime turning on my computer i will get no signal but turning the monitor on and off several time will get a picture. And sometime in the display settings it will allow me to change it to a higher resolution, but as soon as i do that monitor goes blank and no signal appears. I did some research and i got come conflicting results. Some say card is bad, some say it might be over heating, and the list goes on Several times i have come here and you all have helped me fix my computer woes. Is my card bad even though it still displays a picture, randomly gives no signals, and won't let me get a higher resolution? Or is it over heating, or is it something else? Please help me save my baby. I wouldn't mind baking some cookies for whoever helps me. haha

Install Driver Sweeper (http://downloads.guru3d.com/download.php?det=1655), and run it for your Nvidia card. It will remove the drivers for it completely. After you do this, restart. Vista will assign drivers automatically, and Vista will look like crap and be low-resolution- but don't worry! Download drivers for your video card from Nvidia's site, and install them. If the problem persists, report it here.

I went to the site and it says the download link is expire and all i see is Download (Europe) which is expired apparently

Step One:
Just right click my computer then go to manage>device manager in the left pane>Displays> nvidia 7600gs or whatever, then driver, uninstall.
Step 2:
Go to The x64 vista driver download and install it.
restart your computer.
Post again if you tried the other method or it diddint work.

actually what you do is.

1. Uninstall the Drivers
2. Restart the Computer
3. Boot into Safe Mode
4. Load up Driver Sweeper, and clear the remaining Driver Files
5. Restart the Computer
6. Load up Windows Normally
7. Install the preferred Drivers

Thats the best way to remove old drivers and install the new one.

actually what you do is.

1. Uninstall the Drivers
2. Restart the Computer
3. Boot into Safe Mode
4. Load up Driver Sweeper, and clear the remaining Driver Files
5. Restart the Computer
6. Load up Windows Normally
7. Install the preferred Drivers

Thats the best way to remove old drivers and install the new one.

Ok, even more thorough! Follow this his method if you haven't started yet :)

I did all the steps, still no luck. But when i went to Nividia and downloaded the driver and as soon as i restarted my computer it did the no signal i was having problems with earlier. I am thinking it's a driver issue now. But what should i do about it since for some reason the newest driver seems to me to be the problem. Is it drivers or something else? Cause if my card was dying why is it still working just on a lower resolution? And my case is open so i don't think its heat issues. Any ideas? Possibilities? Anything?

Back
Top Bottom