Iraq Dinar

superman22x

Golden Master
A friend and I are thinking about investing in the Iraq Dinar, figuring after the war is over it will go up in value. What do you think? Good idea or no?

I've heard alot of people saying this but thats assuming the country does recover and become prosperous again. I reckon there will be a short term jump in the value of the dinar if/when the US pull out so you could make a short term again by investing.

Yea, we are going to invest like $300 each, and maybe some in the stock market too, something thats kind of on hard times, but is a fairly solid company, Ford or GM I think. Again not too much money, another $300 or so I think.
If our wild dreams of the Dinar come true, well, that's great, if not, oh well, $300, big whoop. Right now the exchange rate is $1 to 1177 Dinar or something, so it's not bad, if after the war it goes up, then we can make a decent doller...

GM is in horrible shape so I would suggest not investing in them, and I can't imagine Ford is doing much better.

Ford is not doing great, but they are still in demand. #1 selling pickup for one thing, and the Focus is a high selling car too. Plus I heard America is supposed to get the Fiesta again soon. And they are planning on revamping all their cars by 2010 and raising the fuel standard by getting into the small car market more, and eliminating things like the minivan market.
That's just what I read in Peterson's 4x4 mag though.
Once the stock market heals up, Ford should go up some.

Back
Top Bottom