CPU at 120C? lol??

You have an E8400 I'm guessing, right?.

Yes - its an E8400 =)

Ok I'm almost positive this thing has a funky temerature monitor. I've got it working ok for now (at least its not at 120C like it was :D ) but it seems like it reads correctly for a while and then just stay at some temp (like 28C maybe) for a few hours... I really don't know what its celebrating but if it keeps it up I'll RMA it. As to feeling the hot air, I took off the HSF and reseated it (with new thermal paste of course) and I'm positive its not running that hot. Thanks for all the suggestions :cool:

when your temps says 120c, you can open the case and touch your CPU HSF, and see if its hot.

In the first place if speedfan is not correctly set up it will show bogus temps and fan speeds.
Look in the bios for pc health or something like that. Check the temps from there.

I think the BIOS will only tell you the temps of when its IDLE, because theres not much going on.

Ok well it seems to be working ok for now, I checked the temps in BIOS and it was showing 24C which is about what I was getting before on idle. Hopefully it doesn't happen again.

Back
Top Bottom