New m/board (large image inside)

A True Folder

Fully Optimized
New m/board (large images inside)

I've just purchased a new board after finally reaching the end of my tether with Asus' declining product quality and Tech Support lunacy (more about that later)

Here is my new baby, it should arrive next week

Foxconn Blackops specs (click me)

fox790bigcw6.jpg

I can't wait for it to arrive :D

They are $A450 new, I managed to pick this three month old one up for $A350, bargain :)

I'm going to run my E8600 and 4*1GB Kingston DDR3 1375MHz in it, apparently the wealth of overclocking options in the bios can be a tad overwhelming so I have a steep learning curve ahead.

The NB comes with four options for cooling, passive, active air (fan), water (pictured) and a special LN2/DICE pot. I'll be using active air as I've never tried water or LN2/DICE.

My particular board has been proven to run stable at 580-590MHz FSB with the right chip so hopefully my E8600 will "step up to the plate".

In case you haven't realised it yet, I'm really stoked to have one of these boards, stay tuned for further updates

:D

As promised here is more on the Asus Tech Support Lunacy.

For a few weeks now I've been trying to get answers out of Asus as to why my P5E3 will not run my 4*1GB Kingston DDR3 1375MHz (7-7-7-20) memory at 1333MHz 7-7-7-20. It will run either of the 2GB kits at those settings just fine but as soon as you try to fill all four DIMM slots it gets all tempermental and at ~$A250 per kit I was a little pissed off at not being able to use them to their capacity.

Yesterday I received an email from Asus Tech Support asking me if I would send my memory modules to Taiwan (at my expense) so they could test a P5E3 board with them.

I'm like WTF?? :eek:

So I gave up on the P5E3 and scored the Foxconn, lol.

nice board...
is that liquid cooling installed on the board above??...looks like it is. well lets see what it looks like once you get it up and running :)

You probably will be, I won't be looking to the new socket for at least a year after release so as not to be a money paying "guinea pig" with problems that usually are associated with new tech. "If" there is an E9000 4.0GHz as has been postulated on the net I would probably make that my last Dual Core.

I left Vista until SP1, I waited for a while with DDR3 as well, call me cautious if you will.

I note with some sadness that the Q6600 is slated for "End of Life" Q1 2009, I salute the passing of what I consider to be one of the greatest Intel chips ever released. I'm so glad I still have mine.

Roll the Funeral Dirge music

is that liquid cooling installed on the board above??...looks like it is.

The NB comes with four options for cooling, passive, active air (fan), water (pictured) and a special LN2/DICE pot.

Sure is

Specwise that board is a killer but the color scheme is ugly as hell(sorry lol)
Nothing to be sorry about mate, that's your opinion and you're quite right, I agree, it's not the prettiest board around but I'm not worried, performance always outways "bling" in my book, I've only got one LED fan in my box and that's only because I wasn't paying attention when I purchased it, lol.

maybe if he adds some led's or something...it'll make it look a little better.
Wash your mouth out with soap, lmao

:)

OK it's here and running, I lost a 2GB kit of DDR3 to RMA, but all ia good :)

4.5GHz on 1.35v so far but not 100% stable, it's warming up here at the moment (low to mid 30°C) so I'm not that keen on lots more volts right now.

The bios is manic when it comes to cpu/memory tweaks, it's going to take a while to get my head around them all as they are simply + values, as in +1 +2 +3 etc and you really have no idea of the volts/frequency these represent but apparently this will be remedied in the next bios.

4.0GHz is no problem at 1.225v, 4.25GHz with 1.30v and I'm hoping for 4.50GHz at or less than 1.4v, once I can get the GTL ref voltage adjusted and the NB/FSB tuned I think it should be possible.

I'll post some pics later on but for now here is my RAM failing Memtest86+ v2.01

Large image warning

http://img404.imageshack.us/img404/5233/dscf0775ub8.jpg

Back
Top Bottom