How to rip your DVD's,The FREE Way!

**THIS GUIDE IS NOW LONGER OUTDATED,PLEASE USE THE BELOW LINK TO GO TO THE NEW GUIDE!**

LINK

----------------

After months and months of trying to find a freeway to rip my DVD (Many of mine are copy protected) Collection,to decent quality movie files,I have FINALLY Found a way!

1.First you want to get yourself a copy of Handbrake,and DVD43.

2.Now install them both,and restart your computer.

3.When you restart your computer,you should have a smiley icon in the task tray (Green if it's found a DVD in your DVD Drive,White if it hasnt found a DVD).If you have your DVD in your DVD Drive,Skip to step 5,if not go to step 4.

4.Now if you havn't inserted your DVD yet,do that now.The smiley *SHOULD* Turn green.

5.Now,Double click on the handbrake icon on your desktop

1-1.png

6.Once handbrake has popped up,you should see a window like this:

2-1.png

7.Now click the 'Browse' Button in the source box,and select the Video_TS Folder on your DVD,Now give it a minute or two while it opens it up.Now press the browse button in the Destination box,

3-1.png

Now here you can select where the saved movie file will go,and the container (File Extension).

8.Now if you want to use one of the presets,simply click on it,and fill in the red highlighted areas,and click on the 'start button,if not you can now manually set all of your settings! For a good quality movie file for playback on your computer,i recomend Xvid at 1700 KBPS with Mp3 audio at 128 KBPS,at 720x544 res.Once you have started it,you will get a status window:

4.png

Tada! Once it's finished,you have sucsessfully ripped a DVD For free! This works with copy protected DVD's and Non-Copy protected DVD's,and all free!

Back
Top Bottom