Power supply!

i wouldnt go with a cheap power supply.
and you're already getting another graphics card? didnt you just recently got the 8800GT?

Yup, but I finally got my other computer fixed up. So, I need to put a new power supply and graphic card in that one. My old HD 2600 PRO just isn't cutting it anymore. I'm planning to take my power supply and card out of this computer. Then buy a new power supply and graphics card! My friend is selling me his HD 4870 for $125.00.

nice.
But do you really need 2 high end computers? :D
i think i would prefer a laptop and a desktop.

ill probably get another graphics card when either the 4870 or the 280GTX drops to like $150 or something. Or when a new series comes out and it seems like its worth it.

No, my other one is Pentium 4 3.0GHz with Hyper Threading. I'm going to be using the other one for music editing and as a media PC. I'll just put my 2600 back, for now. I just got an extra power supply from my uncle. So, I just saved a hundred or so dollars!

thats cool.
too bad i have to pay for all my parts at retail price...
oh well, its all worth it.

I have a lot of friends in modding computers. So, I always get a lot of ideas from them. I've just never really thought about doing anything until recently.

My current power supply is 500 watts. I need more, though. Around 600 watts and up.
No, you don't. A quality 500W PSU (one that actually delivers 500W) is more than enough.
I need a larger power supply because I am getting a new graphics card soon! Plus, I'm putting some cold cathodes and I need better cable management. I want a cheap and effective power supply. Flashy would be nice too!
Keep in mind the 500W OCZ I recommended was modular, the StealthXStream's are not.

Back
Top Bottom