ATI 4870? Cmon

i would do some kind of graphics benchmark between your 4870 and 8800GTS, and see if theres any difference in the benchmarks.

might sound stupid, but does the HDD have anything to loading/lagging?
like try defragging it, cleaning things up, closing background programs, etc.
is the game fully updated? Maybe try other games.

You should get a pretty high FPS, i get about 60-90FPS on multiplayer on max settings with my hardware and 1680 x 1050 res.

If your CPU is bottlenecking, does that mean that you will need an Quad Core to run it?

u get 60-90 multiplayer with a 880ogt?

i should def be getting 100 or better hands down..

im gonna get a better PSU even tho no one stated that yet. im gonna go get a 600watt.. OCZ

but damn im almost positive it should be better then my 8800gts 320.. hands down..haha

multiplayer doesnt seem like its as intense as single player.
maybe because nothing is really going on with the servers i play, theres usually around 10 people.

I think i get about 40FPS on single player, not really too sure, havent played single player in awhile.

Mess around a little, im pretty sure you would figure it out eventually.

im sure i will but still..idk man i get kinda upset when i payed 300 for the card and i cant push over 100 fps in almost all my games?? like cmonnn

and openGL games..hahahah i was playin return to castle wolfenstein game was made in 00' and i only get 23fps in open maps??? and only when i get inside do i get over 300 as of my 8800 i was at a steady 333 fps everywhere? this card man something is wrong

According to this, they are using a Intel Core 2 Extreme QX9770 @ 3.20GHz
http://www.anandtech.com/video/showdoc.aspx?i=3341&p=12

Try a Defrag, uninstall your old Drivers and get the 8.10.(I JUST updated to 8.9 and now I got to update again T_T)

I have a windowsor 5600+ @3Ghz and to test out some things, try playing Crysis, DX10 Mode, Very High Graphic settings for everything, and in the CCC set your AA to 4x and set it to edge detect. Start up fraps and play the beginning of the Crysis Campaign. If you get below an average of 20FPS then somethings wrong.

BTW, Did you try Overclocking it? I have my card set to the CCC Max OC settings. Thats 200Mhz boost in memory speed and a 40Mhz boost in Core speed.

ALSO!
Did you set up the manual fan speed? If not its set at 22% and doesn't throw out enough heat.

If you don't want to mess around with the profiles then download EXPERTool. You can change the speed of the 4870 from 50%-100%. I keep it at 50% for simple things, and go to 65% at gaming.
http://www.techpowerup.com/downloads/1163/Gainward_Expertool_v.4.0_for_ATI.html

new install. with 4870.. no old drivers an such. and i dont really want to overclock my card. idk just a prefrence of mine and i did set my fan to 50% manually and it cooled the card down an such. but i mean not for nothing. its one of the top cards u can buy and i think i should be getting more than 82 fps out of it..idk maybe its just me tho..haha im just picky when it comes down to gaming. but does anyone on the forum think it could possibly be my PSU. not iving out enough amps to the card? or something. i read on ATI forums thats not having enough amps can cause card to drop to 50% instead of getting 100% idk..

Try to play at 1280X1024. That benchmark is played at a high as hell resolution. I got a 17" monitor and I can get great FPS's with my 4870. BTW, Overclocking is great for this card. Does the 8.10 have a fan controller?

Back
Top Bottom