ATI 4870? Cmon

AimHer3

In Runtime
well i just picked one up in replace of an 8800gts 320. well as of today im kinda getting disapointed. i cant seem to push the fps i was hoping for in COD4 and a few other games. im getting kinda sick of gettin low FPS on games i like to play.

fps im getting is around 30-170 < dont mind 170 i would like to stay in the 100's all the time.maybe 130's but yeah. 4870 shouldnt drop like this. i got some mix reviews from a couple computer places around my area. but most of them said it was my power supply. not pushing. enough. bottleneck?!!??? idk

im running 6400+ black edition
500Watt Apevia
4GB G.SkiLL
asus m2n sli deluxe

Did you uninstall your old drivers before you installed the ATi drivers? Also, are they the latest? I would use driver cleaner and reinstall the drivers again.

Seems to me like its your processor, if anything.
Its a single core right?

Sorry.
Then I don't see anything that's been listed that would cause that.
Resolution? antialising level?
I doubt it'd be the power supply, since it's keeping the computer up.

yeah man. i just dont understand..and i did a reformat with the new card and installed Catalyst 8.9 the latest drivers...DX9c Windows XP pro sp3 tried sp2 same situation. so idkkk someone has to figure something out.

The power supply wouldn't reduce performance if it was the problem, just cause freezes/restarts. etc.

Do this: Control Panel -> add/remove programs -> ATi drivers (if XP)/ CCC install manager (if Vista, and select remove all) -> Reboot in safe mode and run Driver Sweeper (select ATi-display) -> Reboot again and install Catalyst 8.10

Also, what resolution are you playing at? If it's at a low resolution then it most definitely is your CPU bottlenecking. The performance difference between the 8800GTS and the 4870 will only be seen when you go up the res.

im only playin at 1280x1024. only got a 19" LCD lol but yeah i think even at that low of res i should be puttin out more then 100 fps at all times. no?

also y 8.1?

8.10, not 8.1. This is ATi's driver naming scheme, not maths :p

i think even at that low of res i should be puttin out more then 100 fps at all times. no?
You cannot compare your results with review sites, they could be running a completely different system, different graphics settings, AA/AF etc...

Back
Top Bottom