Chatroom/Shoutbox on CF Frontpage?

StratosP

Fully Optimized
I think it would be a good idea to have a shoutbox or a little chatroom on the front page where only members can use and view...

For example if you had a question to ask the community and it wasn't worth making a thread for or the question was a small and quick one you could just ask on the shoutbox/chatroom and it can also be used if you just wanna friendly chat or something..

I am a member of another forum and they have a shoutbox, it works PERFECTLY! Spam every now and then but the mods just get to it ASAP. We could even have Shoutbox/Chatroom mods or something if you like.

-Stratos

It's really just a spam and moderation issue. I have added shoutboxs to forums, including vBulletin, and you just can't keep up with it as easily.

It's a good idea to get some activity going, but David and the Mod Squad has already decided that that's what the random chit-chat threads are for. They already said no. The members on this forum are never happy with what they already have. First it's custom avatars (which were later added), then it's BBCode for the signatures and/or images in sigs, now it's a shoutbox. Just chill and try to enjoy the forum as it is. Don't you think David and the Mods have already thought of this stuff?

It's a good idea to get some activity going, but David and the Mod Squad has already decided that that's what the random chit-chat threads are for. They already said no. The members on this forum are never happy with what they already have. First it's custom avatars (which were later added), then it's BBCode for the signatures and/or images in sigs, now it's a shoutbox. Just chill and try to enjoy the forum as it is. Don't you think David and the Mods have already thought of this stuff?

Well, I'm happy with what we've got, but the purpose of this is to IMPROVE the forums.
I have seen it on other forums with SMF software and it works perfectly...
If we remove (or keep) the random chat thread we could have this. It's better than going to a thread and posting which is a slightly longer process, when we can just go on the frontpage (or a different one, it doesn't really matter) and just type in a question and someone will answer it.

It's also good because while your waiting for an answer to your thread or something you can have a nice friendly chat with other members, debate, chill out etc.

Just my ideas,
-Stratos

think this was posted before .... if it was on a different page, or could be opened as a popup, and wasnt part of the main forum as such then its a good idea. otherwise no.

Back
Top Bottom