Flash drive

U3 is just a waste of space. I got it off my flash drive the second I got it.

Really? Wtf is U3 for then? I always thought it allowed you to run things off you flash-drive having it installed in there.

its a piece of software that shows you what programs you have installed on the flash drive....you can install em on the flash drive no matter what

So what should i do, just format the drive so it'll be a regular flash drive? I'm working with u3, installing programs and such, the only thing I see that is useful is that it shows you what programs you have on the flash drive.

Yeah, get rid of it. You could use a text file to show what you have installed. Won't hurt to add info every time you install something.

So what should i do, just format the drive so it'll be a regular flash drive? I'm working with u3, installing programs and such, the only thing I see that is useful is that it shows you what programs you have on the flash drive.

Install the programs in a folder and look at folder names to determine what you have installed?

it just provides a gui for all the software you have installed so rather than having to browse through the folder to find open office or firefox you can just click it on the start menu like display and it will run it from the drive

i myself have never used a U3 drive , i did at one time install portable apps which is a freeware U3 system and i found it alright but i didn't really use it much and ive got a new memory stick since then so i dont use it

it can be pretty handy imo if you use loads of different computers because you can save time by having a preorganised start menu type system in palace to open your apps

Back
Top Bottom