I need help can't view this site

gdouglas

Solid State Member
Hello everyone ,http://www.e-geniuses.com :mad:

I am having this problem browsing to the sit above, i get http 404 error message, but my buddy said he can view it find. Do you think there is a problem with my browser or my CPU. Can anyone else tell me if they have the same problem viewing it also and if you have a fix it would be greatly appreciated. Thanks for the help in advance. Also if this helps any i am using internet explorer.

no it is not, but it worries me that i get this error on a lot on different sites as well. This was the latest site it happen to me to, so i posted it to see if i can get help as why is this happening and to see if it does the same for others, my buddy can view it. What do you think is creating this problem, is it a virus

I checked that site out. They are too expensive. $119.00 just to install memory? Tsk, tsk, tsk....

I checked that site out. They are too expensive. $119.00 just to install memory? Tsk, tsk, tsk....

Don't cut down the site he is trying to fix. He came here to get his computer fixed so he can see the sites.

i get this error on a lot on different sites as well

have you run a virus scan lately? I noticed I just ran a virus scan a few days ago because I was having trouble pulling up sites and sometimes if I refreshed it would come up. I use IE as well. Try that and let us know if anything changes.

Ok thanks i will try that, what anti-virus program do you recommend. I use norton and i will do a scan with it, to see if that resolves the problem.

Ok thanks i will try that, what anti-virus program do you recommend. I use norton and i will do a scan with it, to see if that resolves the problem.

I find Norton to be a waste of money. I use AVG on my personal computers, which is free at www.avg.com. I ran a virus scan (which includes a spyware scan) and it found a ton of tracking cookies, and once I removed those, it speeded up significantly.

What junk was is it that, it cost quite a bit though. I downloading AVG, but it says i have another anti-virus program, and for me to install it a have to remove my other so no conflicts happen. i don't know, i paid quite a bit for norton to just throw away, is it really that bad.

Well I have noticed that Norton is horrible on resources. I have removed Norton and installed AVG and noticed a significant increase in computer performance. You can try running a scan in Norton if you prefer. Has your computer been running sluggish at all in other aspects (i.e. boot-up, shutdown, etc.)?

Well a little but didn't think it was cause of that, i will try it an uninstall norton and try AVG the worst case i will just have to install it again if don't like AVG.This will take a little time so i will post back later with the status, and thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom