Car Thread!

Here are some teaser ones to chew on as I upload the rest.

DSC_0004.jpg

DSC_0010.jpg

DSC_0013.jpg
DSC_0017.jpg

Nope. It's impossible to have a R26B. Mazda only produced the quad-rotors for their racing cars. It's easier to get the 20B since they produced those for the Eunos Cosmos a long time ago.

I'll have moar peektars up laturz. :p I wish I went to Sevenstock 7 though...I heard Mazda even brought out the legendary 787B and revved it for the crowd. :D

I guess if you fabricate one yourself it's possible, but there is no way you can buy a genuine OEM Mazda one. They only sell the rotor housing through Mazdaspeed and none of the internals of the R26B are for sale to the public.

Yeah, just watched those videos. It's possible to essentially put together two 13B's to make a quad-rotor. Pretty neat. Still not as epic as the R26B in the 787B. :D

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=8qjKZx638FU

Turn up your speakers. :D

Definitely not impossible, but expensive as hell.
Even as easy as it is to get a hold of a 3 rotor engine to install it in a 2nd gen rx7 like I have doing the labor yourself will cost between $10k and $15k. There are a few places around the country that will do it for you for about $30-$35k. I assume the price for the 3rds gens would be similar for the most part.

So considering that just buying a 4 rotor engine would surpass those prices likely..... ouch. I'll stick with my 2 rotor engine, she'll have more power than I know what to do with pretty quick here. Just got my walbro and 4 865cc injectors, hopefully be getting a new turbo and megasquirt ECU in next summer. :)

Back
Top Bottom