Wieght lifting

If you're going to be serious about lifting, get some whey protein. It's like $40 for a tub, but a tub will last you a longggg time. All it is is concentrated protein, because if you actually want to gain some real muscle, the protein in your diet isn't going to be enough. Nothing bad about it.

Don't use creatine though. It's pretty bad for you. Adds a lot of water weight, and when you stop using it your muscles kinda...deflate I guess.

a freind of mine uses creatine, he is flipping massive.
if your diet has a lot of beef and chicken, and i mean a LOT you do not need protein supplements. a friend of mine is a all natural bodybuilder and just eats beef and tuna and chicken all the time.
in the end it is all up tp you and your goals

I guess if you eat a TON of protein rich food, then protein supplements would not be necessary. But on a typical diet, it will have a pretty big impact. Because I do so much cardio work at swim practice, I didn't see a huge muscle mass increase, but I definitely got much more toned and I could lift a lot more.

I find stuff like tinned tuna helps, it's rich in protein. There's about 20g of protein in a 100g tin. And don't use machines, just compound exercises such as squat, deadlift and bench press. Low repetitions and heavier weights.

Well, I am more into a little of the heavier weights with lower reps, but I also like to do some with a lot of reps, get bigger and toned at the same time. Like yesterday I grabbed 20lbers and did like 50 curls each arm.
Whats wrong with the machines?

And I took some of that whey protein today, my friend had some. It was mixed with like glutamine too I think, some formula to help muscles recover a little quicker. I thought it tasted pretty good too, put one scoop in a glass of milk and mixed it up good. I will have to buy some of it myself now, lol.

I personally use creatine, protein, glutamine and a good multivitamin. I dont agree with the "if you have a good diet then you dont need supplements" talk.

Supplements are exactly what they say, they are there to supplement your daily food. To get 5 grams of creatine daily you would need to eat about 20kg of steak per day. This is just not possible so thats why supplementation is needed.

Also the fact that people who train need more nutrients than the normal sedentary person (this is what RDA values are calculated from)

Oh and im over 200lbs so ive got a decent idea of what im talking about :)

To my mind, Creatin and Protein are not harmful - they give you strength and power. But other preparations has very bad influence on your health. I think that it is better to eat healthy food with abundance of protein and you will gain a success.

Back
Top Bottom