ATI vs NVIDIA

StratosP

Fully Optimized
Title says it all! ;)

I use to have an old ATI Radeon 9750 or something like that and sold it on ebay for like $30...then I bought the NVIDIA 7600GT.

I'm slowly upgrading my computer, and I'm stuck with the devision between the ATI HD 4850/4870 and the NVIDIA 9800GX2.

Both of which are VERY good graphics cards, but results show that the NVIDIA card is slightly better, but costs an extra $200 or so...
the ATI HD4850 or the 4870 whatever is around the same, but is WAY cheaper...I use to think NVIDIA was better than ATI...but then one day I took a look at ATI's new cards, and they're pretty good!

So what do you think?

I'm building a new system and after looking around i decided to go ATI, now its down to getting a 4870x2 or just a 4870

The GX2 is essentially two graphics cards that sits in one PCIE slot. I'd personally go with the 4870, I'd personally never spend over $300 on a graphics card.

Both of which are VERY good graphics cards, but results show that the NVIDIA card is slightly better, but costs an extra $200 or so...
Hehe, but the way you said that, it sounds as though $200 is spare change to you :D

Anyway, if it really is $200 more, then the HD 4870 for sure.

i had this dilema when i built my system...
i went with a MSI R4870 X2 and i havent looked back...its an amazing card

i had this dilema when i built my system...
i went with a MSI R4870 X2 and i havent looked back...its an amazing card

Rellik please adjust your signature to meet the signature rule located in the Social Lounge. Your signature cannot be longer than 5 lines. Please fix it before a moderator fixes it for you!!! :)

Rellik please adjust your signature to meet the signature rule located in the Social Lounge. Your signature cannot be longer than 5 lines. Please fix it before a moderator fixes it for you!!! :)

Nice!

OP: What games will you be playing? The HD4870 is a very powerful card, depending on the game you might be satisfied with a HD4850 which will be a very significant step-up from the 7600GT.

Back
Top Bottom