Is it worth it to run 3GB RAM in XP Pro?

rohan23

Fully Optimized
I have a 32bit system. I know XP can recognize upto 3GB of RAM. I wanted to know if it's worth it. I found my RAM for a good price for a 1GB stick. I already have 2 installed. What do you guys think?

No, its pretty pointless to run more than 2Gb of ram in XP.
I never noticed a difference between 3GB and 2GG in XP Pro.
It will be better to have 3GB in Vista Though.

Should I upgrade to Vista? I'm just afraid that some programs won't work..I got too many to mention...

Should I upgrade to Vista? I'm just afraid that some programs won't work..I got too many to mention...

thats really up to you. a lot of people don't like vista...cause it does require a higher end PC.
but if you do, get the 64bit version, you'll have plenty of opportunity to upgrade to lots and lots of ram :)

and to answer your question, 2GB of ram in xp is way more then enough :)

Well should I wait for the new Windows 7 to come out or go with Vista for a short while...If I do go with Vista and the 64 bit version, what will be the only differences other than the ability to have more RAM?

windows 7 is coming out in like what.... Over a year?
If you have a dual core, at least 2GB of ram, and a decent graphics card, then try Vista.
But if you dont have those, i recommend you staying with XP.

Well should I wait for the new Windows 7 to come out or go with Vista for a short while...If I do go with Vista and the 64 bit version, what will be the only differences other than the ability to have more RAM?

DirectX 10 :D ...newer...updated...
look up on google....there are many websites explaining the improvements in vista :)

Okay cool, everyone I know has been doubting Vista, but that's because they are sheep and just follow what everyone else has said, but I guess you gotta try it out for yourself! ;)

I think I WILL go with Vista now with 64 bit, but will 64 bit lack something that 32bit is better at?

Thanks for all the help!
-Strato

I think I WILL go with Vista now with 64 bit, but will 64 bit lack something that 32bit is better at?

Thanks for all the help!
-Strato

Nope! 64bit is better...performance wise...and programs work 100%. i have been on 64bit for a while now...no issues what so ever :). i also have 8GB of ram :D

Back
Top Bottom