Vista not responding???

cesare753

Beta member
Hello all, I recently began having serious trouble with my lap top, I've had it since last May with no major problems up until two or 3 days ago.

That laptop is an HP pavilion DV9700, Intel Core Duo, T7250 @ 2.00 ghz, 3 GB of RAM, 32-bit operating system running Vista Home Premium.

The problem I've been having is seemingly every 20-30 minutes, regardless of what I may be doing, all programs will cease to continue responding. I havent the slightest clue why this may be, I've completely updated windows, scanned and removed any viruses, stopped suspicious processes etc.

Its driving me nuts and I cannot get any work done.

Does anyone know of a solution to my problem? Help is much appreciated!

fix is fulll of bugs, so don't be surprised.
1st i'd make sure you got all the latest updates installed!
2nd check for spyware, viruses, trojans and all that other non-fun stuff!

other then that, i don't really think you can fix that problem...cause its a vista issue.

Further details, I can confirm that the system pretty much comes to a grinding halt, all programs stop functioning after apprx 30 mins after the system has been running. If I let the system idle and the screen saver appears, after 30 mins its frozen and It wont even quit the screen saver.

All windows updates are installed, all drivers are updated.

I think this may either be a virus or vista is just complete junk.

Can anyone recommend a better anti-virus program? I've been using Avast

AVG
www.avg.com

And its FREE :D, and Vista is pretty unstable at the moment, microsoft has a lot of bugs to still work out...but i think you problem is a virus, trojan and all that other good stuff

I would run AVG. Like Lukaszr said. Its free. and Ive found it to be effective.
Also, I would get Ad-aware Personal SE, it is free. I use it, and I like it

Maybe someone has a better program for Spyware. But thats what i use.

Problem Solved.

Ran thorough scan including scan of archives using Avast in safe-mode, 4 viruses found that were not found in prior scans.

Thanks for the help and advice, much appreciated! :)

If all goes wrong restart the whole pc from the start and copy some of your files onto a disk

You mean reformat? He fixed the problem, so he doesn't need to.

Do you know how he fixed the problem?

Lately I have had this same problem....

I dont know what to do, I've done all the steps OP had posted and I am getting very upset!!!

I've had my system for about 18mo with no isssues till the past month....:mad:

I was using AdAware SE Pro and Avast and since they didnt help I switched to BitDefender and it didnt help either.....

Back
Top Bottom