Problem after installing WinXP SP3

timbou

Beta member
Im operating a computer classroom. We have 3 classrooms and 20 PCs in each of them. They are being updated now to SP3. Almost everything worked out fine...but 5 computers have now problem connecting to the internet. LAN is working perfectly... I can connect to the others computers in the classroom and to different network places but not to the internet... I have treid uninstalling SP3... uninstalling the LAN card and reinstalling it...checked the network parameters...almost everything... any suggestions?

Get Vista..?

Lol, no i have no idea what the hell to do with that. Im pretty smart with computers, but not in that area. Sorry..!

Get Vista..?

Lol, no i have no idea what the hell to do with that. Im pretty smart with computers, but not in that area. Sorry..!

That was an absolutely worthless post.

Are those machines picking up an IP address? Have you tried pinging an external web site? I have heard of SP3 updates going wrong. Did you try an UPDATED driver when you reinstalled? Let us know what you find.

sounds like some settings for the network got changed.
try going to network settings in the control panel and right click the network, and choose "repair"..

Back
Top Bottom