I consider this an accomplishment!

NEED WOW NOW

Daemon Poster
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uu-9fm5GM-E

I know some of you may think Stepmania is REALLY old, but I love it to death. Now that song above is NOT me playing Stepmania, but I am proud to say I passed that song with a:
FRICKENQUASAR.jpg

I don't care what you say, I passed it, and that's all that matters now!

And before that song I did this which I can't do again:
holyshit.jpg

With a bit more practice I could do a full combo on this song like this guy:
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HpmpastZThM&feature=related

The Jiraiya guy who posted comments, that's me.

Took a year for me to get up to this ability, so I feel proud of my wasted time. :p

Wiki said:
"StepMania is an open source rhythm video game for Microsoft Windows, Mac OS, and Linux. It was originally developed as a simulator of Konami's popular arcade game series Dance Dance Revolution, and has since evolved into an extensible rhythm game engine capable of supporting a wide variety of rhythm-based game types. Released under the MIT License, StepMania is free software.

Video games In the Groove and Pump It Up Pro use StepMania as their game engine. StepMania was included in a video game exhibition at New York's Museum of the Moving Image in 2005."

It's basically DanceDanceRevolution for the computer. You can hook up a dance pad to it or use the keyboard. And you could download all your songs you want free from certain websites.

I use the keyboard when I'm too tired to use the pad. I usually play on standard on the pad but I need to get a new on. I got one of those cheap gamestop ones.

Then again, if anyone could do Quasar(Linked above) on the pad, I would be amazed. There are people that do crazy things on the dance pads, but that would be interesting.

I download all my simfiles(Files that hold the step charts for the game) here:
http://www.flashflashrevolution.com/sims/

ummm practise the same song over and over again, give it a month and you;ll be doing it backwards, my friend use to play them up town and he is sick but he does the same songs everytime went, so yer, keep doing the same one over and over again.

lol

theres like a huge file on t*****ts for stepmania, not sure if its there anymore.
It had so many songs, it was pretty fun, had it on my laptop, and played it whenever im bored. I dont have them anymore, i deleted it because i ran out of space.
I was pretty good, i used the WASD, and the UP,DOWN,LEFT,RIGHT Arrows when i play.
But now i refer to play Frets on Fire AKA guitar hero for the keyboard.
its kind of hard to play, and i cant seem to press more than 2 buttons at a time.

Thanks, It seems like it was just a little while ago that I was joining up to asked for computer buying help and here I am now with a custom built gaming computer and custom built work/internet/research computer.

I downloaded a torrent with 2K songs so I have plenty of songs. :p
Right now I play about 100 songs which are my top songs and I'm pretty good at them. Next thing I gotta try is to get my first Triple A, which is almost imposable. Has to be all Marvelous and Perfect steps. I got a collection of about 10 Double AA's so I'm getting there.

A friend of mine is crazy at this game though. He can play Botton Anna highest difficulty. I think that's the next song I'm going to challenge myself with.

Back
Top Bottom