The Ultimate Gaming Question!

Holysky

Fully Optimized
Iwas just wondering what is better for gamin. i was gonna get the intel core quad, but people say that the dual is much better. can i please get some opinions on this? Thanks:D

Yea i was wondering because if you have a good cooler you can get it up ti like 4 GHz which is pretty awesome right?

Yea i was wondering because if you have a good cooler you can get it up ti like 4 GHz which is pretty awesome right?
Not on air cooling, and only if you get a gem of a kit. I ran my old Q6600 at 3.6GHz with air cooling, and I had a decent 1.275V VID chip.

Intel Core 2 Duo E8600/E8500/E8400 and Intel Xeon E3110 are the best gaming chips out right now. No other processor, at a fair budget, will outperform these in gaming. You can buy the Core 2 Extreme chips that are also great, but overpriced. BUT, if you're not one of those who have the money to build a new computer every 6 months and you want a good computer that is future proof, your best bet is to go with the Core 2 Quad Q6600. As stated previously, it can be OC'ed quite high. I think 4GHz is only achievable with liquid cooling.

for being more future proof, shouldnt he wait for the Nehalem?

for being more future proof, shouldnt he wait for the Nehalem?

IMO, no. The Nehalem will be fresh technology therefore costs will be through the roof. It's going to be like the Core 2 Extremes. Great processors, however nobody can afford them. I think by end of 2009, Nehalems will be more affordable. I could well be wrong though, I don't know what the prices are supposed to look like.

Back
Top Bottom