Vista 32bit and DVD CD burning software choice

floppy27

Beta member
I used Nero 7 oem that came with a new burner, on XP, and it worked great. I never have had any problems doing anything with that software.

Now I am using Vista and have read a lot about Nero 9 and Roxio 10. I have a blu-ray rw and for the long haul I would like to get software that has the blu-ray capability and is 'user friendly', if that's possible.

I have read that both Nero and Roxio are 'bloated' and have changed their GUI's. I know that Roxio has a different look by having the 10.2 than when I last saw it in an earlier version.

With this PC it came with Roxio Creator Premium blu-ray 10.2. So far I have not discovered how to burn something and leave it open (multi session) to add to it later. This could be a 'cockpit' error on my part.

I also can say that it is quite 'bloated', from the install which I did not see a 'custom' installation option during the installation process.

Does anyone know of a retail or OEM burning software package that would either end up supporting a particular version of Nero or Roxio, or some other burning software that is fully compatible with Vista 32 bit and has blu-ray capability, and that works well?

Any comments will be appreciated.

I've always been a Nero fan, I have Nero 8 now, and Nero 9 takes ages to install but it does do Blu-Ray quite well, supposedly.

Back
Top Bottom