Overclocking my graphics card

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
how high do you think i can overclock my graphics card?
i dont want to overclock too high where i would see some artifacts.
So far, i have only overclocked my graphics card by 100mhz.
Thanks

EDIT - is there a tool for nVidia like the ATI catalyst where it autoclocks your graphics card to where it thinks its the highest and safest clocks?
I use EVGA Precision tool.

Overclocking means to push a processor or video card past manufacturer recommended specifications to boost performance. It's common in gaming. I personally have never overclocked :eek: but I don't game either. BTW, mufiinman, check your PMs.

i think i have tried it, though i dont remember it having the auto overclock that ATI Catalyst does.
I ran 3DMARK06 again with my CPU OC'ed to 3.04GHz with a ratio of 5:4, and OC'ed my card by 100mhz for both GPU and memory, and i got 12585.
Thats almost 2000 gain, not sure if thats a big improvement or not.

Increase the clock speeds one at a time. Start with the core clock, and increase it by steps of ~20MHz, testing for stability with a graphics intensive game in between.
Once you have determined the maximum core clock, move onto the memory.

Increasing one clock speed at a time decreases the amount of variables.

And is your 8800GT's stock core voltage 1.1V, if it is slightly lower, you can raise it to 1.1V with a simple BIOS flash.

how would i know when to stop?
i dont want to push to far to where i would start seeing artifacts. The guides i have seen online were saying keep raising till you start to see artifacts then shut your system down for a couple of hours to cool down. I dont really want to do that...

what program do you recommend me using?
the only benchmark i use for graphics is Devil May Cry 4 Performance Test.

Back
Top Bottom