The Research Partnership

I've been invited to a 2-hour discussion group from this company. The topic will be college selection. The letter says I'll be paid $60 for attending in cash. The name of the company is The Research Partnership, Inc. Trustworthy? Should I go? Think there will be a catch?

Sounds a bit sketchy to me, I'd read all the fine print. The website seems a bit unprofessional though: http://65.61.3.166/index.htm As long as you don't have to pay anything, it doesn't seem like you've got anything to lose and it may well be worth it.

I checked their website and I also thought it looked very professional. The letter does not have any fine print. A woman from the company called me and asked if I was interested. I was like "sure". She asked me some questions and said I'd be discussing with other students "like me". I gave her my cell number. I figured if she gets annoying I can just have the number blocked. It will be next saturday at 10AM. I'm supposed to show up at 9:30 (they're giving breakfast). I'm going to have my dad look at it. So far my plan is to go. If they have me sign anything then I'll make sure to read everything.

I checked their website and I also thought it looked very professional. The letter does not have any fine print. A woman from the company called me and asked if I was interested. I was like "sure". She asked me some questions and said I'd be discussing with other students "like me". I gave her my cell number. I figured if she gets annoying I can just have the number blocked. It will be next saturday at 10AM. I'm supposed to show up at 9:30 (they're giving breakfast). I'm going to have my dad look at it. So far my plan is to go. If they have me sign anything then I'll make sure to read everything.

In that case it sounds like a good deal and besides, $60 bucks is a good thing :) Even if you get nothing out of it, at least you'll have some extra cash.

as long as you dont sign anything you havent read then i would say go for it what can you loose ?
also if you are presented with anything to sign ask them for their address and tell them you will post it to them signed in a few days once you have had a good read of it that way you can get someone else to read it too

as long as you dont sign anything you havent read then i would say go for it what can you loose ?
also if you are presented with anything to sign ask them for their address and tell them you will post it to them signed in a few days once you have had a good read of it that way you can get someone else to read it too

Yeah, if all you have to do is sit there, what have you got to loose!

Back
Top Bottom