XP Home Ed dying?

andrew26

In Runtime
My computer with XP Home Edition (32bit) seems like its on it's last legs: I can't go to folder options in the tools menu on explorer, I can't view hidden folders, I can't delete hardly anything, and it's like turning off randomly. It does not have a virus cuz norton says so ( :rolleyes: ). I don't want to delete windows and all the work I have done on it! I tried restore and that farts and dies too. How I fix this?

My computer with XP Home Edition (32bit) seems like its on it's last legs: I can't go to folder options in the tools menu on explorer, I can't view hidden folders, I can't delete hardly anything, and it's like turning off randomly. It does not have a virus cuz norton says so ( :rolleyes: ). I don't want to delete windows and all the work I have done on it! I tried restore and that farts and dies too. How I fix this?

Do you enjoy making up shit, or is this your fourth computer?

Thermaltake ToughPower 1,200 Watt Power Supply~AMD Phenom X4 9950 Black Edition @ 3.4GHz (this is hard to achieve)~Asetek liquid CPU cooling system~8GB Mushkin Xtreme w/ heat spreader~NVIDIA GeForce GTX280 1GB X16(X3)~4X150GB Gaming Western 10,000PM SATA-150 Hard Drive~Vista Ultimate 64bit~ Asus Crosshair II Formular 780A SLI Chipset DDR2/1066 SATA RAID PCI-E MBoard

Do you enjoy making up shit, or is this your fourth computer?

You bring up a good point, but we'll never know. Let's be nice and help him.

Download Spybot: Search and Destroy and AVG 8.0. They're much better programs than Norton. Update them and do the scans. Run a disk defrag. Also download CCleaner and check for registry problems. If you still have problems you might have to reformat.

I would backup all your files on a external hard drive and reformat man. Thats pretty much the stage where it's your only option left IMO. Thats happen to the best off us to where your PC is in such a mess theres just no fix.

Idk, what you mean about it farting and dieing lol... Does it just shut off randomly or something?

I would backup all your files on a external hard drive and reformat man. Thats pretty much the stage where it's your only option left IMO. Thats happen to the best off us to where your PC is in such a mess theres just no fix.

Idk, what you mean about it farting and dieing lol... Does it just shut off randomly or something?

ye

I have two computers

i dont know why, but i got this feeling in the back of my mind that you dont really have the computer in your sig.... i dont know, guess im being paranoid or something. One reason why i think so is because in you sig you have 3 280GTX, and yet, all you talk about is your OC'ed 8600GT and wanting to SLI it... hmm sounds fishy...

anyways, i would just back up my files in a way, then reinstall windows, and transfer the files back, though i would probably install an antivirus before transferring the files back

Back
Top Bottom