New Laptop

NeciFiX

In Runtime
Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing the Dell Studio 17 Laptop for $849.99-$899.99. I mainly want it for use if I go places, in the future for college, High School, blogging, just as a general utility --- I don't travel, but, I occasionally am stuck at the Super Market for 3 hours with nothing to do, I am going to New Mexico, however, I have to blog, and basically I think it would be an overall useful accessory to have. Anyways, I am looking at two different models, one with a T5750 Processor and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 GPU 256 MB, and another one, $50 cheaper, with a T5800 Processor and Intel GMA 3100 Graphics Card. Probably the best game I'd play on this laptop would be Oblivion. Could Oblivion run WELL on the Mobility Radeon HD 3650, or should I just go for the $50 cheaper one w/ a better processor. I know the 3100 wouldn't handle Oblivion, apparently.

Thanks!

NeciFiX

Hello,

I'm looking at purchasing the Dell Studio 17 Laptop for $849.99-$899.99. I mainly want it for use if I go places, in the future for college, High School, blogging, just as a general utility --- I don't travel, but, I occasionally am stuck at the Super Market for 3 hours with nothing to do, I am going to New Mexico, however, I have to blog, and basically I think it would be an overall useful accessory to have. Anyways, I am looking at two different models, one with a T5750 Processor and a ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650 GPU 256 MB, and another one, $50 cheaper, with a T5800 Processor and Intel GMA 3100 Graphics Card. Probably the best game I'd play on this laptop would be Oblivion. Could Oblivion run WELL on the Mobility Radeon HD 3650, or should I just go for the $50 cheaper one w/ a better processor. I know the 3100 wouldn't handle Oblivion, apparently.

Thanks!

NeciFiX

Ummm... Just an opinion but, I don't think a laptop will even last through highschool. Most hard drives fail within 3 year of buying it for me.

Ummm... Just an opinion but, I don't think a laptop will even last through highschool. Most hard drives fail within 3 year of buying it for me.

Easy to replace a hard drive.

And I'm not experienced with laptops, but, I've had a desktop HD for about four years now and it is still strong.

No, you can't replace GPUs on a laptop. (Not practically anyway.)

Also, hard drives usually last longer than 3 years.

I understand your personal experience is that they don't last longer than 3 years, but mine is that I have about 6 hard drives, all atleast 6 years old, all working.

I have a laptop thats going on 3 years old, The HDD is fine.
And I also have a desktop that is 7 years old. the HDD is fine.

Back
Top Bottom