What OS do you use currently?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: (NEW) What OS do you use currently?

Yeah, or you can at least dual-boot.

Was that to me?
If so, which version of Vista do i get, and which Bit Version.
I was thinking Ultimate, but after reading a couple posts saying Ultimate is not worth the money, i don't know, im starting to rethink

Home Premium is second to Ultimate, and has everything you need. Home Basic is a bit too basic and Business is lacking a few features I would like but it's nothing big, and HP is cheaper.

If you have 3GB of RAM or less than get the x86 32-bit version. If you have more than 3GB or plan on upgrading to more than 3 then get the x64 64-bit version.

Thanks a ton, in fact, i was going to be putting in 4GB of DDR2 RAM, so now i will get the 64-bit version. Are there any issues or topics i should be aware of before i purchace it and install?

Re: (NEW) What OS do you use currently? (A56-James White)

I think Windows 98 is best for single PC, Microsoft also recommend Windows 98 for single PC, I hope you should have the knowledge of this. But any one is not imposing on you that why you are not using Windows 98. I feel it is perfect for one PC and I am currently using this. Can any body agree with me????

(A56-James White)

Outsourcing Solution in Pakistan

Nope, I cant agree with you, XP and Vista are way better mate.

I use Ubuntu, XP, Vista, Windows Server 2003 Standard, and Kubuntu.

Vista Home Premium on my laptop, XP Professional on my desktop, and Win2K Server on both of my servers. But with my Microsoft Partner subscription, will be receiving my software kit and upgrading to Vista Business on my laptop, Vista Ultimate on my desktop, and Windows Server 2008 on my primary server. Still debating what to do with the secondary server, as I get SBS 2008, EBS 2008, or maybe just use it as a second computer with Vista Business. HMMMMM.

well let me say I use these:
with my PC:
windows xp sp2-sp3- media center sp2-sp3
windows server 2003-2008
and linux fedora - mandrake - mandrevia
and for my laptop:
vista 64

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom