Just installed...

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Another 4GB of DDR2 800Mhz ram into my gaming build. Just thought i'd share :D

Heres my system ratings now after the upgrade...

VistaRatingOct08.jpg

tskmanagerOct08.jpg

Anyone else using 8Gb?? or more??
i wonder if i will ever even use anything close to 8GB of ram at one time...:rolleyes:

I was thinking about beefing up my laptop's RAM to 4GB as it doesn't run the best with Vista and 2GB, but sadly I am already maxed out at 2GB. I am thinking about upgrading the processor from a Celeron 540 (1.86 Ghz) to a C2D. I found one that matches the socket, but I have to do further research to see if the motherboard can support it.

I was thinking about beefing up my laptop's RAM to 4GB as it doesn't run the best with Vista and 2GB, but sadly I am already maxed out at 2GB. I am thinking about upgrading the processor from a Celeron 540 (1.86 Ghz) to a C2D. I found one that matches the socket, but I have to do further research to see if the motherboard can support it.

i think 2GB is like a minimum for Vista. they say its 1GB for premium, but thats like pushing it.

I've never used Vista with less than 2GB, but I definitely wouldn't go less if you're a gamer.

Pfft, I know people who gave birth in less time it takes my laptop to boot LOL. I really don't think it's just the RAM. I think the Celeron isn't helping either. Like I said, I am considering doing more research on the motherboard and seeing if it will support a C2D. It's a socket 479 and I saw C2Ds with that socket. But I could get a decent laptop on ebay for not too much money. I don't game, so I really don't need a monster.

nice score, you added another 4gigs of ram? haha nicee. I am getting a build soon :D

Wow 8gigs of ram, nice!!!! Man what my brother wouldn't give to get more memory for his laptop. He is running vista basic ed. and he only has 512mb. It is so slow its not even funny. lol.

i would add another 2GB of ram, but mines cost $75 at micro center and $62 at newegg.
I dont really know if i should actually get another 2GB, i would be running Vista 32-bit so i wont really be using the full 4GB.
Im doing fine with 2GB, but i think i better get the other 2 before DDR3 becomes cheaper, and the DDR2 costs more like the DDR

Back
Top Bottom