Do MACs need special RAM?

superman22x

Golden Master
We are going to upgrade our two MACs at school, they currently have 512mb, and we want to add some more. Do we need to buy special iRAM or whatever it is? Or does regular DDR2 work?

AFAIK (Might just be Mac pros), they use EEC Memory, which is speecciall error correcting ram. This might only be for the old G5 series, I dont know about the Intel range.

AFAIK (Might just be Mac pros), they use EEC Memory, which is speecciall error correcting ram. This might only be for the old G5 series, I dont know about the Intel range.

That's probably because both the Mac Pro and the Power Mac are workstations.

Just get the correct model that came with your computer. I don't understand what's so difficult about that.

So I do need the special MAC iRAM?

There's no such thing as iRAM. Nor is there iKeyboard, iMouse, or iCPU.

Just get the correct model that came with your computer. I don't understand what's so difficult about that.

There's no such thing as iRAM. Nor is there iKeyboard, iMouse, or iCPU.
THe difficult thing is, its NOT my computer. I dont know what came with the computer, it is a school computer we are trying to upgrade... It was given to our MMJ class, and we are given a spending budget for equipment, and we need to upgrade our computer, and I want to know whether I need special Apple RAM or if regular RAM is good enough?

Umm, it's a joke, iRAM, apple RAM, it's a joke, since they start everything with i these days.

Back
Top Bottom