Beta member
My friend got me this new system.

C2D E7300
350W case
GF 9500 GT
160 sata HDD
DVD burner
MSI P35 Neo-F motherboard

When i checked the box for the GF 9500 graphic card, it says min power 400W. So i am just wondering if it is oki if my Max power supply is 350W. Coz Im scared if the computer dies coz it didnt get enough power supply. e.g. the Graphic card burns out. I am a new bird to computer builds so i dont really know dat much. So could anyone tell me that if the system runs OKi. Thanks.

dont worry, your computer wont burn or something.
if the PSU doesnt supply enough power, then the system just wont turn on.
I would recommend getting another PSU, about 450W, though it might be much, my current computer only needs about 300W IIRC
you can google "Extreme PSU Calculator" without the quotes and choose the Lite version, select what you have and it will tell you how much watts you need.
But remember, not all PSU supplys the power it says on the box.
The type of PSU will use certain percents. Like mine is 80% i think, so it really isnt an 500W.
The higher quality PSU you have, the higher the efficiency it has.

Your build looks pretty nice, though i would swap out the Graphics card and have a better PSU. But thats me.

EDIT - My friend had an 8600GT running on an 300W PSU. I think that id your computer doesnt suppy enough power, yet it turns on and runs, it might not be stable, and might cause random shutdowns

dont worry, your computer wont burn or something.
if the PSU doesnt supply enough power, then the system just wont turn on.
I would recommend getting another PSU, about 450W, though it might be much, my current computer only needs about 300W IIRC
you can google "Extreme PSU Calculator" without the quotes and choose the Lite version, select what you have and it will tell you how much watts you need.
But remember, not all PSU supplys the power it says on the box.
The type of PSU will use certain percents. Like mine is 80% i think, so it really isnt an 500W.
The higher quality PSU you have, the higher the efficiency it has.

Your build looks pretty nice, though i would swap out the Graphics card and have a better PSU. But thats me.

EDIT - My friend had an 8600GT running on an 300W PSU. I think that id your computer doesnt suppy enough power, yet it turns on and runs, it might not be stable, and might cause random shutdowns

I disagree. The Antec Earthwatts, which is like $45 has an effiecency rating of 80%.

the Antec Earthwatts is still a higher quality PSU
price point doesnt mean anything
its that the lessons Antec learned with their upper class PSUs
has trickled down to the roots of the 'family' if you will

i said higher quality, not a higher priced PSU.
I got my Antec Basiq for $30, and its a quality PSU.

right
but where do you think all of the technology makes it debut?
its not the lower priced PSUs that are the latest and greatest
its after the technology has been out a while that it works its way down to the lower price range
it is no longer such a big deal
like when it was first released
so now they can add it to the lower price bracket
and allow the budget builder crowd to get their hands on the good stuff
which gives them a slightly larger profit
they've all ready made their money back
now they are getting an extra bonus
by allowing it to be on the cheaper model
the budget crowd will buy it when they really dont need it
thus giving the manufacturer a boost i profit
quality only comes into play when the manufacturer ship the building over seas
or some where cheaper to make a bigger profit
if possible

i said higher quality, not a higher priced PSU.
I got my Antec Basiq for $30, and its a quality PSU.

My bad. For some dumb reason i thought you meant higher priced. Apparently I wasnt thinking when i posted.

Back
Top Bottom