Overclocking my CPU

Teny

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻
So i started to OC my cpu on stock cooling, so far its a 9.5 multi, and 295 FSB.
Its at 2.8GHz, i would keep this updated till i get it to 3.0GHz.
The max temp so far is 45 degrees celsius according to everest and realtemp.
But i have a question, is it better to have an 1:1 ratio? or is it the same as if i have say 4:3 ratio?
Thanks

I would keep it a 1:1 ratio with the CPU/RAM. There won't be any bottleneck and it keeps you farther away from RAM instability, making it easier to get a higher overclock.

huh.. seems like it runs hotter when my Multi is 7.5, and 333.5Mhz FSB clocked at 2.5Ghz.
its max temp for running Prime 95 for 5 minutes is 49c.
How much of an increase would i get if the its a 1:1 ratio since it seems like an 1:1 ratio runs hotter.

It shouldn't run hotter unless you or automatic settings changed the voltage due to the FSB change or if your room got warmer.

Just make sure the RAM runs at the same speed or faster than the FSB.

seems like my voltages is on automatic.
My CPU is at 1.32V.
CPU FSB 1.3V
Memory 1.850V
nForce SPP 1.40V
is that bad?

EDIT - Stock
CPU - 1.14V
CPU FSB - 1.2V
Memory - 1.850V
nForce SPP - 1.25V

and it seems like my mobo temp just stays at 35c whether i OC or not (everest). It doesnt seem normal... What should i use to see my chipset temps?

To be honest I really don't know. Does the temp stay the same at idle and under load? It might not be the north bridge it's measuring.

so i OCed to 3.0Ghz and my RAM was at full 800mhz, and the ratio was 4:3 i think. The hottest its gotten was 46c
then i OCed my 8800GT, GPU to 700mhz, and Memory to 1000mhz.
Ran warhead, and only got about 5FPS increase.
dont know if im doing anything wrong, but it seems like its not really worth it to get so little FPS
For the Mobo, its 35c idle an load it seems like.

Your CPU isn't having a problem feeding your 8800GT, so you won't see much of an increase from that by itself. I would keep that and the GPU overclock if both are stable.

stock is 1.2V though.
does anything bad happen to the CPU and Mobo with i lower the volts?
Should i really keep my computer OC'ed even though i dont really see any performance?

Back
Top Bottom