I have a noobish question.....

LGA 775 Xeons are identical to their LGA 775 desktop counterparts. For example, my Xeon E3110 is identical to the desktop E8400, and therefore will work in any board that supports the E8400.

Yeah, but I think my "rig" (LOL) is too old to support the newer processors. My current servers are P4 Socket 478. :eek: I may just stick with those. I have them upgraded to 2.5GB RAM and a 160GB hard drive (although depending on storage needs, may expand on). I need to put DVD-ROM drives in them so I can install Windows Server 2008 when I get my software package from Microsoft.

LGA 775 Xeons are identical to their LGA 775 desktop counterparts. For example, my Xeon E3110 is identical to the desktop E8400, and therefore will work in any board that supports the E8400.

So if the motherboard supports C2 series, then it should support the Xeon?
Is there a Xeon thats a counterpart of the P4 or the celeron?

I have another question since we are on the topic of Xeons...if I decide to upgrade the motherboard (at the very least to get a higher RAM capacity), and I need a processor for a high-end desktop for business use and no gaming, which of the following would you suggest...Quad-Core Xeon or Core 2 Quad? Thanks!

Yeah, but I think my "rig" (LOL) is too old to support the newer processors. My current servers are P4 Socket 478. I may just stick with those. I have them upgraded to 2.5GB RAM and a 160GB hard drive (although depending on storage needs, may expand on). I need to put DVD-ROM drives in them so I can install Windows Server 2008 when I get my software package from Microsoft.
If you could find some Socket 478 Xeons, they would work.
So if the motherboard supports C2 series, then it should support the Xeon?
Only LGA 775 Xeons, not LGA 771.
I have another question since we are on the topic of Xeons...if I decide to upgrade the motherboard (at the very least to get a higher RAM capacity), and I need a processor for a high-end desktop for business use and no gaming, which of the following would you suggest...Quad-Core Xeon or Core 2 Quad? Thanks!
If you can find the equivalent Xeon at a similar price, then go with the Xeon, they are often higher binned.

Back
Top Bottom