Is my computer damaged?

XP right? If so, you put the disc in and it should be one of the options that comes up, If not, select Install XP, whic i believe is the fist option, then it'll ask what you want to do.

Perform a Repair Installation

As above, don't forget to set the optical drive as first boot device in the bios or you won't get anywhere.

What's an optical drive? Where do I find that? I can't find anything like that in the BIOS.

XP right? If so, you put the disc in and it should be one of the options that comes up, If not, select Install XP, whic i believe is the fist option, then it'll ask what you want to do.

I can't even get to the desktop.

Your optical drive is your CD drive. Set it to boot before your hard disks. Getting to the desktop doesn't matter because you will be doing a repair install.

Your optical drive is your CD drive. Set it to boot before your hard disks. Getting to the desktop doesn't matter because you will be doing a repair install.

Ok, it's been a while since I've been here due to my busy schedule. Well, I'm still stuck with this problem and it's very annoying. Worst of all, I got stuff and projects that needs to be saved and finished.

I went into BIOS and set it to boot from my optical drive but still it didn't work. It kept pausing in black screen. Any other suggestions? I don't want to loose all my work. I tried reformatting and it won't even let me. ARghggggg.......:mad:

I need help bad. Any more ideas? I appreciate any comment.:)

Once you set the optical drive to first boot did you insert the XP cd, reboot and "press any key to boot from cd" when prompted?

This is a custom pc with an XP cd yes, and not a brand name pc with a restore disk?

My last suggestion would be to put the drive into another computer as a slave and (hopefully) back up your data though i don't fancy your chances much if it is indeed the file system that is corrupt.

Once you set the optical drive to first boot did you insert the XP cd, reboot and "press any key to boot from cd" when prompted?

This is a custom pc with an XP cd yes, and not a brand name pc with a restore disk?

My last suggestion would be to put the drive into another computer as a slave and (hopefully) back up your data though i don't fancy your chances much if it is indeed the file system that is corrupt.

Yes, I set the optical drive to first boot and insert the XP cd. It boot but always stops and black out after the first few screens.

By custom pc with XP cd you mean custom build pc? Yes, it's a custom build pc. What do you mean by "not a brand name pc with a restore disk"?

I have not tried the last suggestion yet but I do have an extra drive which is the one I'm currently using right now and set is as the master drive and the corrupted one as the slave but still no hope. I tried to access the files and programs in the corrupted drive but can't access it.

Are there any more suggestions or hopes? What's the worst that could happen if it's the file system that is corrupted?

When you say "I tried to access the files and programs in the corrupted drive but can't access it" could you see the files/folders? Did you get an access denied message or were they simply just not there?

Worst thing that could happen, you lose all your data unless you can afford to use a professional data recovery company.

Custom pc, yes that is what I meant. Brand name pc, Dell etc.

When you say "I tried to access the files and programs in the corrupted drive but can't access it" could you see the files/folders? Did you get an access denied message or were they simply just not there?

Worst thing that could happen, you lose all your data unless you can afford to use a professional data recovery company.

Custom pc, yes that is what I meant. Brand name pc, Dell etc.

Ok, I think I said it wrong. Let me rephrase it again. The master is C drive and the slave is the D drive. I can access some files such as photos in the D drive but I can't use the programs that are installed into the D drive. Here's what I can and can't access. I installed Palm OS into the D drive and yes I can access the photos I have in there but since I didn't install Palm OS in the C drive I can't access other files.

Other programs such as Steinberg Nuendo and Spectrasonics' Stylus RMX and Atmoshpere can't be open. In these folders I can see all its components and files and I even tried to reinstall it again but it won't let me. I can see that it's there and when I try to open it, it won't open or I can't use the programs. Here's what happen when I tried to open the Nuendo icon by double clicking on it: an error window (Syncrosoft License Contral - Error) appear saying that "File SYNSOACC.DLL could not be located in the Windows system folders", then I click OK and another window appear saying "File SYNSOACC.DLL does not have the expected interface." Then I click OK and the error message closed and that is it.

Another program (instrument plugin) that I've installed in the D drive is Native Instrument's AKOUSTIK PIANO. I got to work as a stand alone but I can't access it as a plugin in Pro Tools.

Other Native Instrument's plugin that I can't use are Guitar Rig 3, Massive and FM8. I can open it as a stand alone program but with no (instruments) files found and I can't get it to show up in Pro Tools as a plugin.

I'm as corrupted as my computer just by going through these frustrations. I'm going to need lots of help. How much will it cost to use a professional recover company?

Thanks a bunch.:)

Back
Top Bottom