Ok so i need a good idea for a desktop gaming computer.....

icebubba2005

Beta member
Ok so I have a fairly low budjet and i am willing to build it myself but i need ideas on some parts. My budjet can prob max out at about $900 and i need it to be able to play games like call of duty 4 and stuff like that. I also play guild wars and world of warcraft. So I want to make it the best that I can so i can run bassically any game i want. ANy help is greatly appreciated.

you could get a pretty high spec computer with $900.
But couple of questions, got any brands of CPU (Intel, AMD) you like or what graphics card brand? (ATI, Nvidia)
also, do you have a mouse, keyboard, monitor, speaker and all those good stuff?
if not, then it might limit your build.

EDIT - dang, got beaten again...

Um actually for the keyboard and stuff i may be able to squeeze by with just a cheap keyboard and i have a mouse so I dont thin that will limit me too much will it. As for everything else brand wise the only thing i would like is nvidia but if its not its not the end of the world. But ya i just need a cheap keyboard and monitor and i have a mouse. Also as far as monitor goes I dont really care about the screen size so ima gonna go for like the cheapest option available to me. As for speakers go I have a pair of headphones i plan to use until i can afford speakers

Ok. Answer me a couple questions before I select parts:

-Do you want it strictly for gaming or do you want it future proof and for other things?
-How big of a monitor?
-What OS do you plan on using?
-Will you have to buy that OS?
-Do you have a preference on cases? Side Panels?
-Are you an overclocker?
-Keyboard and mouse: gaming or regular?
-Are you always playing the latest games?

I ask these questions because they will help me decided whether to buy best-bang-for-buck or best parts for you. If you aren't always playing the latest game I'll get you a video card that will suit your needs perfectly, that way it will allow me to spend more money on other parts.

-Do you want it strictly for gaming or do you want it future proof and for other things? (I mainly want it for gaming and i want it to be able to be upgradable for the advancement of games if its possible)
-How big of a monitor? (Whatever is cheap I will get )
-What OS do you plan on using? (Ummm if I can vista just becasue most newer games require it)
-Will you have to buy that OS?( Umm ya :(
-Do you have a preference on cases? Side Panels? (Nope)
-Are you an overclocker?(What lol?)
-Keyboard and mouse: gaming or regular?(Regular is fine)
-Are you always playing the latest games?(Umm ya sort of but not allways mainly i wanna play cod 4 and those types of games and the newer mmorpgs)

Ok. Here are the parts I will try to get you:

-Intel C2D E8500
-HD4850
-4GB (2x2GB) 800Mhz RAM
-Vista Home Premium (OEM)
-20" Monitor
-Wired Saitek Keyboard (backlit)
-Wired Gaming Mouse
-Intel/Asus/Gigabyte P35/45 Motherboard
-500/600W Modular PSU
-Sigmatek HSF
-Lian-Li Case
-Samsung Spinpoint F1 500GB HDD

I won't be able to link the parts yet, only in one hour. I do believe this is the best build for that budget, adjustments will have to be made to fit price.

Btw, where do you live? *please say Canada/US*

Joga's list is a pretty good setup. I have a suggestion for the mouse though. I've heard of people ditching their Logitech G9's for the Steelseries Ikari Laser, It's an awesome mouse from what I've heard.

Back
Top Bottom