Lucid Dreaming -- you guys HAVE to try this!!

karling07

Daemon Poster
Ok before I start, I hope everyone here is doing well - i've been gone for a while, and I have no computer problems but i still wanted to talk to CF!

This has never happened to me before so i was really freaked out when it did happen, but after a lot of research i realized it wasn't some fluke or one-time thing.

So what happened was last night i was having this really freaky nightmare where these two serial killers kept chasing me and i thought i was going to die. Then, in my dream, I looked at my watch and the time wasn't changing. And then i said to myself, "this can't be real, it must be a dream. otherwise the time would change" - and IMMEDIATELY after this realization in my dream, i became in total 100% control of the dream!

I know it sounds ridiculous but I swear it is one of the most amazing things i've ever experienced. I could do anything in the dream, make anything appear or go away, fly, breath underwater, see anywhere, magic, anything you can name (and i mean anything ;) ). And for example, the flying thing is NOT like being awake and daydreaming what it would be like to fly, it feels so real and you are actually doing it. Like sometimes i woke up from dreams where i was flying and i think, oh that was so cool i wish i could remember what it felt like.

Well now not only do i remember, i could feel and experience it the whole time! After researching wikipedia, google, forums, etc - this is apparently what's called "Lucid dreaming". When you become aware that you are in a dream, BUT you don't wake up. I have read this article:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lucid_dreaming

And it seems like the most effective ways to induce more of these dreams are through dream journals, reality checks, and maybe waking yourself up early to fall back asleep.

I don't know if anyone else has ever fooled around with this or experienced it, but let's talk about it because holy shit that was SO COOL and now i just wanna go to sleep again :)

if had a few lucid deams, and if got to say...it more fun than my nomal life

if i could only find a way to be able to control when i have a Lucid dream

Let us know J03! - I'm really interested to see what methods work best for people

DefCon - I think dream journals can definitely help you to control when you have them, or at least make it more frequent? I dunno, but it would definitely be amazing to decide when this happens lol

Humans are such control freaks... Can't even let our dreams do their own things :p

Yes I've had a very mild experience of this once, I remember becoming self aware in my own dream for about 10 seconds but then I woke up!

There was a guy on the radio and while back who had mastered a technique to have lucid dreams and was so successful that for example instead of taking a holiday to Jamaica or where ever, he would 'dream' visiting their at night. It must be so amazing if you can do it regularly

Eh....I think you had a bad trip couple hours before...:rolleyes:

AHAHA!

but seriously, when i was smaller, i could sleep for a much longer period of time and i could actually enjoy my dreams for a much longer period of time. i had banged my head into a table intentionally in the dream and felt no pain at all. the focus would shift from 3rd person to 1st person many times, sometimes i would watch myself do stuff from afar while other times i would actually be in the shoes of "me".

i then had complete control. but i woke up soon after that so phooey.

i wonder if i could conjure up a vivid sex scene this way...:D

i figured this out from.... BLUES CLUES!!!! :D
after i saw that show talking about how you are able to control your dream, i would control it whenever something bad is happening.
Either i will give myself the advantage, or i would just wake myself up

Back
Top Bottom