Emergency Help Needed!

JoeBro

Baseband Member
OK, my Dad's PC hard drive broke down. So, he took it to be repaired. The technician said he couldn't save all of my Dad's data, but he could save most of it. Anyway, after reinstalling some programs, my Dad bought 1 GB of DDR RAM to improve his PC's speed. Gamers worked fine, though rather slow as usual... :) But then one day, he was going to happily play a game that he's been playing for years. Then suddenly, out of the blue, the screen turned black! :eek: It popped up the following dialog box:

"The vtdisp display driver has stopped working normally. Save your work and reboot the system to full display functionality."

Unfortunately, the same thing happened again when he tried to play the same game AFTER he rebooted his system. He even tried other games and the same thing happened. Internet graphic images still worked though. I am asking you one thing:

PLEASE HELP ME!!! :eek:

uninstall the display driver, then get Driver Sweeper (forgot the name, but i got it from Guru3D), and boot into safe mode, clear remainder of the display driver in Driver Sweeper. restart the computer, boot normally
Then download the latest display driver, and install it.
See if that works.
I never had to deal with this problem, so i put a random thing to do.
If it doesnt, then report back.

and maybe check every temps of the computer
im guessing that your dad use intergrated graphics?

EDIT - Oh yeah, did you install the chipset drivers too?

This is confusing... :confused:

I uninstalled the NVIDIA driver, and then went to NVIDIA to download a driver, but I didn't know what type I had! Is there a way to find out? :(

P.S. I have NO display driver. What should I do???

EDIT: Wait, it says I have S3 S3Display. What does that mean?

I'm panicking!!!

HELP!!!

Another thing that happened is when I scroll down on a web page, jagged lines scroll down the screen. How do I fix this?

the jagged lines is because it doesnt have a display driver.
Im assuming its an Brand Name computer, there should be a sticker on the computer that tells you what make and model it is.
Just google those, and you should find a support page on the main site of the make, and then find your drivers.

Thanks! I fixed the jagged lines, and reinstalled the video card, but I still can't play games...

Back
Top Bottom