Stolen CPU?

Home owner's will cover it provided the total value is more than the deductible. But you do have to have proof of value. And keep in mind the insurance company will deprecate the value like any other electronic device.

You can't trace a MAC adress? That would be unique to his computer right, unless he is using a diffrent NIC.

odds are your S.O.L Even if you had tracking software on there anyone can uninstall that or reformat the computer. They only way to really track a computer and know that someone can't remove it, is to get a tracking chip installed.

The laptops my school gives us have one. If we report our laptops stolen, HP activates the chip and whenever the stealer hooks the computer up online (even if he's reformatted) HP will get a signal on where it is and can send athorites to get them.

Do all HP laptops have them, I have a fairly new hp laptop bought in jun 2008
And I don't really want to lose it since I paid a ****load for it

Do all HP laptops have them, I have a fairly new hp laptop bought in jun 2008
And I don't really want to lose it since I paid a ****load for it

idk, i just know the ones my school does have them. I think it was an option they paid extra for but i'm not sure, it might have been in there by default. If it makes any kind of difference, i have a mobile workstation, the compaq 8510w.

im sorry...

but seriously

a computer isnt called a cpu. your title would only bee correct if someone phsically removed your cpu chip from under your case and on the motherboard.

if you had alot of money or the computer was worth alot, assuming that A the network card is built into the motherboard or B they wont install and addtional network card you could trace the MAC address of it.

but thats only worth it if the computer is worth a sub stantial amount

Back
Top Bottom