why have my scores dropped??...(Vista)

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
from
LukesSystemRating.jpg

to this
SystemRatingOct0908.jpg

is there a chance that my CPU isn't running at its full speed??/ is there a way i can check??

Also when i boot my computer, and the POST message appears, it doesn't say 3.00Ghz processor for it displays 2.00Ghz...is that normal??

just wondering...

go to your bios, and see if the multiplier or FSB decreased.
If not, i think that theres an option where it downclock your CPU to save energy and stuff when its around Idle.
I would check my bios and see whats up, maybe load default settings.

I think that when vista came out they said they were going to update the score system every once in a while. Maybe they finally made an update?

edit: Nevermind if your post says 2ghz instead of 3ghz it's probably FSB or Multilpier like Teny said.

go to your bios, and see if the multiplier or FSB decreased.
If not, i think that theres an option where it downclock your CPU to save energy and stuff when its around Idle.
I would check my bios and see whats up, maybe load default settings.

that wouldn't affect the score though, to get your score it utilizes your cpu so it wouldn't be idling while running the test to generate the score, I would do what you first suggested and check the bios, it's probably the multiplier, it probably dropped to 6 from 9, 6 is 2/3s of 9 and 2GHZ is 2/3s of 3GHZ, so it makes sense...

just giving out suggestions

great suggestion. i will go into the bios and check if thats what happened. You are probably 100% right Teny, as my Mobo has this energy saving options, so that could very well be the problem.

that wouldn't affect the score though, to get your score it utilizes your cpu so it wouldn't be idling while running the test to generate the score, I would do what you first suggested and check the bios, it's probably the multiplier, it probably dropped to 6 from 9, 6 is 2/3s of 9 and 2GHZ is 2/3s of 3GHZ, so it makes sense...

thanks for that detail, i will go into the Bios and see if thats what the problem is. i will update you's with the updated scores.

can someone give a step by step of how i am to update the multiplier??? what am i looking for in the bios??

you should be looking for like Advanced Chipset options, or something similar.
Not all mobos say that for OC options, so check each things.
Then when you find it, find something that says multiplier.
I think the CPU FSB should be 1066Mhz, and i dont know what multiplier you have, mines is 9.5.
when you find the multiplier see if its any low number, if it is, then up the multiplier till your CPU gets to 3.0Ghz.
Though it might be good to know your multiplier number, although i dont think you can go above the original stock multiplier number.

FIXED FIXED!! scores are back to what they were :)

Thanks everyone for you help :D

when i go into the CPUz program, i notice now that the multiplier changes...i think depending on my cpu usage?...is this normal??

FIXED FIXED!! scores are back to what they were :)

Thanks everyone for you help :D

when i go into the CPUz program, i notice now that the multiplier changes...i think depending on my cpu usage?...is this normal??

Mine does the exact same thing.

EIST is to save energy, it automatically drops your CPU multiplier to 6 when at idle, it will jump back up once the system goes under load. The only reason to disable it is if you are overclocking.

Back
Top Bottom