I have heard rumors...

I've thought about programming as a career. My conclusion? Tedious job where you type all day. So I'll just stick with the random programming competitions I attend for my school and have fun with that.

Every time I attempt to write a program, I always need resurfacing done on my teeth. I tend to grind my teeth when I have to debug a program. LOL

I doubt it...you have to be intelligent and well educated in order to be a decent programmer. At least a basic college degree in it...

That's a little different than employing a sweatshop worker without a high school education to make Nikes for 2 cents an hour.

I seriously doubt that. There will always been a need for it here and will also be good money here in that field...

there will always be a domestic call for programming,
Some people just don't trust overseas programmers for their security applications etc.
but yes, it is true that programming, just like help desk and service desk roles will of course go to the cheapest source of labour.

so there will be less programming jobs, but they'd never dry up completely...

there will always be a domestic call for programming,
Some people just don't trust overseas programmers for their security applications etc.
but yes, it is true that programming, just like help desk and service desk roles will of course go to the cheapest source of labour.

so there will be less programming jobs, but they'd never dry up completely...

As always root, well put.

There will always be work to be had, you may just need to look harder for it. Smaller companies are a good place to look, I'm currently working for a small GIS firm doing GIS applications. I love it because I don't have to live in the city (town of about 8000 people) and I ended up getting in on something that is quite different than what I expected.

yeah. thats the field i'm probly going to get into then. now, if you dont mind me asking, how much money do you make a year?

If you go on most freelance sites the majority of programmers there are from india etc because they can afford to do work at much lower rates so yes alot of freelance work has gone over seas but I think alot of 'inhouse' programmers will stay

Back
Top Bottom