New PC

Here you go:

EWWWW.....
looks so plain... :D

you should custom make a transparent side panel, and put some cathode lights somewhere.
I dont think i would mess with a Mac, if someone ask me to fix their Mac, i would have to refuse, dont wanna break nothin'

you should custom make a transparent side panel, and put some cathode lights somewhere.

This is a workstation.

Plus, that would look horrible in a Mac Pro. Simplicity is the key design for this computer. You don't want to mess it up, would you?

Not for the Mac Pro.

Could you explain this and give some examples?

Hes partially right, they do not have BIOS they have Open Firmware. Its the same as bios basically. They can use ANY video card that uses the PCI-E interface or PCI interface. As long as the card manufacture provides UNIX drivers. (mac drivers)

As long as the card manufacture provides UNIX drivers. (mac drivers)

Okay, I think you're getting a little confused. Mac OS is based on Unix, as with Linux.

Other than that, both operating systems behave differently, and require completely separate drivers.

Okay, I think you're getting a little confused. Mac OS is based on Unix, as with Linux.

Other than that, both operating systems behave differently, and require completely separate drivers.

Yea thats right, I always say UNIX for some reason when I mean MAC >.<

Hes partially right, they do not have BIOS they have Open Firmware. Its the same as bios basically

Don't you mean Extensible Firmware Interface? I'm not sure that's the same as "Open Firmware", but EFI was supposed to replace the BIOS.

Don't you mean Extensible Firmware Interface? I'm not sure that's the same as "Open Firmware", but EFI was supposed to replace the BIOS.

On the MAC its referred to as Open Firmware, or at least thats what I'v always heard it called.....Just did a quick search and its "Open boot" or "Open Firmware"

Just dug around a bit further and found that Open firmware is the actual software that is used by default in mac OSX to change the boot stuff, you are correct that the actual term is EFI. I'v always heard it called Open firmware on IRC and such but then again im new to macs, these are my first 2 mac OS machines and im loving it :)

*** Link http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Open_Firmware ****

Glad to know you're liking the computers.

How is your Macbook Pro holding up? Any dents so far?

Back
Top Bottom