Ideas?

hitmanwa

Baseband Member
Hey guys, odd question coming.

At work we are looking for a relatively cheap and dependable way of entering excel data from various locations in a production environment. I'm not sure why but we haven't gone wireless yet so it would need to be something that the tech could plug into the network from workstation to workstation. I thought about just using PDAs or something of the sort but figured you guys would have some better ideas.

though it doesnt go into the network, but a flash drive is pretty good.

Thanks for the replies guys, really appreciate it. We're looking for something more along the lines of a pda or a notebook. The actual files are on the network so we need to use something that's portable that a tech can carry from station to station and enter the data in. They'll have a network cable that they can plug into so they can access the SSs and other apps. I'm a bit of a noob at this so please forgive the noobish ?s.

A tablet pc may also serve your purpose, if having it on all the time and at the ready for immediate data entry at each location is necessary.

Thanks for all the replies, I really appreciate.

I was wondering if anyone has any experience with the Dell Axim series Pocket PCs, good, bad or otherwise?

Back
Top Bottom