windows server 2003 questions...

LukaszR1

Fully Optimized
Ok i want to know a few basics. i have never used this OS, and am planning to install it on my pc.
1. Drivers: can i use my drivers cd that came with my mobo? or are there special drivers for this OS?
2. Games/Programs: What is the compatibility? will my games work?

any other info or advice would be great...thank you!! :)

1. Should be able to. If not, double check your mobo manu's www

2. Curious. Are you wanting to have this be a game/program server? Or actually use Server 2003 as an End User OS? Your programs and games should work fine, but the OS isn't intended as a Desktop Environment OS.

I'd be concerned about graphic drivers. Typically Windows XP drivers work for Server 2003 if you're unable to find Server 2003 specific drivers. You may run into issues with printer drivers, depending on age of printer and if the manu provides print drivers for your OS.

yeah i just decided to go with XP Pro 64bit. i was wanting something to run my 8GB of ram...but didn't want to end up purchasing a copy of XP. but i did anywayz :)

So xp pro 64bit it is :)

well i used server03 as an every day os perfectly fine. the only thing i had problems with were antivirus. avg and the like wouldnt work (i had the enterprise edition of 2003).

good choice having xp 64bit though. if you dont need the features of 03 then then you did good.

My understanding is even if you use a server OS, with Windows Server 2003 you still need the 64-bit version if using more than 3GB of RAM.

Back
Top Bottom