Why would you vote for mccain?

PS. I am still waiting for anyone to give me an example of "one" great thing that Obama has done besides get elected. Being a professional politician is not qualification to be president. Waving the mantra of "hope" and "change" while not even doing anything as senator and then selecting Biden, who has been in Washington for 30 freaking years is the height of hypocrisy.

I just posted many things that Obama has done and you continue to ignore them. Try opening your eyes.

And for Obama being a hypocrite, what about McCain? Why did someone who runs on an aura of experience pick a VP who was a State Governor for only one and a half years?

Why did he say "I will not tolerate anything in this campaign that denigrates either Sen. Obama or Sen. Clinton," only to play countless ads that do indeed "denigrate" Obama (source: http://www.johnmccain.com/tvads/).

Why does someone who repeatedly voted against deregulation for his whole career suddenly claim he is for financial regulations? (source)

Why does someone who used to vote against tax cuts, even voting against Bush's 2001 tax bill, now say that he will lower taxes? When Obama talks about his tax raises (that will ONLY affect people who make 250k or more a year, people who can afford more taxes), McCain blasts him for it in favor of his 5,000 dollar stimulus package for citizens. How does McCain expect to afford this without raising taxes again?(source)

McCain is the real hypocrite.

I want to reiterate my view that I don't think Obama will be the best president. He clearly has his problems. Compared to McCain and Palin, however, the man is a saint.

You never listed anything meaningful that Obama has ever accomplished that wasn't in his own best interests.

Taxes is a another issue. I am tired of no nothings crying about tax cuts, even tax cuts to big business.

Lets say I work for company ABC, and under the McCain tax plan company ABC gets a $100,000 a year tax cut. What will ABC do with that money, build on? Expand? Hire more workers? Give raises to current workers? Give a big bonus to the CEO who will do what with that money? Build on to his house? Buy a car? Pay someone to mow his lawn?

Companies don't bury extra money in the ground were it does no good. No matter how you cut it, extra money for businesses is good for everyone.

Now lets take that same company and put Obama's tax plan into effect. For simplicity lets say that company ABC has to pay $100,000 more a year in taxes to the government. ABC only has a few ways to make up for that lost $100,000. Which will they pick? Layoff employees? Reduce employees pay/benifits? Slow or stop any projects they had planned? The only thing you can be sure they will do is raise prices to make up for some of the $100,000 bucks which means YOU will pay more to buy something at ABC. The comsumer always pays more when companies taxes are raised.

When some smooth talker comes along and sells taxing big business just remember that the little guy ( you and me) is always the loser in the long run.

This example doesn't even consider the fact that when taxes on business get to high many will just leave the country. Good luck finding a job.

And one last note while I'm here, it has played out many times that by lowering taxes on business, there by allowing them to invest more money into selling "gizmos" they actually generate more sales tax money by selling more "gizmos" then they did before the tax break.

Tax cuts for business are a win, win but every four years someone comes along playing the class warfare/envy card trying to get votes and you sheep start bleeting all the way to the polls.

You make a great point about the wrong thing. I said Obama was raising taxes for the wealthy Americans (2% of the population), not for big businesses. In fact, Obama is going to cut taxes for corporations in order to get them to stay in the country. He'll also cut taxes on the capital gains of small businesses to help them stay in business.

You never listed anything meaningful that Obama has ever accomplished that wasn't in his own best interests.

Obama's tax plan will raise his own taxes. That most definitely is not in his best interests. I'm not even sure what you mean by "in his own best interests." Anything good he does will be claimed as in his interests because it will make him look better.

Both candidates are acting in their best interests, you know, seeing as they are trying to win the presidency and everything.

Honestly if obama wanted to he could be in one of the largest law firms in the world right now earning himself ludicrous amounts of money as could his wife and they wouldnt have to worry about their financial securities ever again so tbh he isnt just doing things in how own best interests

and as ilmatic said his proposals on tax bands mans he will psy higher tax than he already does so he clearly cant be doing that for his own best interests

Neither of you understand Obama's tax plan at all. Did you watch the debate last night.

Obama is going to tax business higher than McCain. I haven't seen anyone dispute that until right now on this message board. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, you can take my example and substitute wealthy Americans for company ABC and it's all still the same.

It's a classic class warfare vote grabbing ploy. A progressive tax is not fair it doesn't matter how much money you make.

Have you seen McCain's tax plans? Cuts everywhere right? Now think about this. McCain will give tax cuts and that tax return at the end of the year. He plans to double the amount of money you receive for each child in the house. For the average family, like mine, that's great, but for the United States government that's not so good. If you're a peacekeeper/maker (the US) and you also have a war and imports to deal with, how are you going to raise money to better the infrastructure of the United States? How will you pay to improve education and healthcare? This money has to come out of some place, and I don't think you can get this on exports and investments alone. Additionally, Obama's tax plans will increase taxes on companies that render $250k profit or more.Correct me if I'm wrong, but any business that renders that much profit in a year, to me, is not a small business.

edit: And the $700b bailout plan. That also adds to the "almot $10 trillion" debt.

Neither of you understand Obama's tax plan at all. Did you watch the debate last night.

Obama is going to tax business higher than McCain. I haven't seen anyone dispute that until right now on this message board. :rolleyes:

Anyhow, you can take my example and substitute wealthy Americans for company ABC and it's all still the same.

It's a classic class warfare vote grabbing ploy. A progressive tax is not fair it doesn't matter how much money you make.

im not talking about corporation tax , as i understand the corporation tax issue McCain will in fact be lowering that 10%

however i agree completely with a progressive tax as it is fair that people who earn 400k a year should be taxed at a higher rate than people who earn 40k a year and i think that there should also be a windfall tax imposed on oil companies who make record profits and as i understand it mccain is against this and obama has proposed it

At this point, I would rather vote for McCain if it involved tax breaks. Sure, the country is having financial issues as a whole (especially the government and its debt), but tax cuts are tax cuts. I'm a business with four entities. I'm about to go under from low revenues and high expenses from this economy. For those who don't know and say just do more advertising: guess what, that costs money too, and my bottom line is so low at this point I can't even afford advertising. Plus my investments took a hit. At this point, I need that tax cut to help my business stay afloat.

I vote for the Fairtax

http://www.fairtax.org

Next topic. They control the Military. Mccain will probably pay the military more so Thats good for me.

Hmm, from what I know democrats take money from the more weathly people that had to work hard and used their Valiable time to make money and take it and give it to people that don't want to try as hard as others. I seen it in my neighbor. She thinks people owe her shit because they have more and she doesn't try hard at all to go to school or anything. It's sickening.

Also, Obama is related to Muslims. The only reason why he part of a Christ church is to make people think that he believes in the shit. lol

Anyways I'm just a Republican that believes the government should stay out of shit so its only bias for me.

Back
Top Bottom