nForce 680i C2D E7200 Overclock

vaio-fx

Daemon Poster
I have just managed to overclock my C2D E7200 from 2.53GHz to 3.11Ghz. The only thing was that to overclock it I had to increase the FSB (default 1066). This is different to how I used to overclock, I used to increase something which was a much lower value (400 or so). Is this normal? Thid nForce board is completely differnt to my last 2 mobos when it comes to overclocking.

are you using a stock HSF?
and what did you set your FSB/Multiplier/volts.
i am thinking of OCing my CPU to 3.0Ghz, but im using a stock HSF.
I got the downgraded version of your chipset (680i LT) and the same CPU.

I'm not using the stock HSF, I have some Zalman thing :p Also I have the LT, just missed it out of the title. I got it to 3.1GHz a few days ago, still havent managed to get my 3.4GHz back (that was on a stock cooler). From what I have read it is possible to push the E7200 to 3.8Ghz. I think anything over 3GHz should be more than enough though, it will only be temporary as I hope to get a Quad Core at Christmas - I need more power for Crysis Warhead!

i got stock HSF, and i was able to get it to 3.0Ghz, though i never actually tried to get any higher. I didnt have an 1:1 ratio though.
I didnt see any performance gains in crysis till i upped my graphics, which is kind of dissappointing, which means i will either have to get another 8800GT (Might be able to get one for $80-$90) or a new graphics card.

I think the E7200 can get high clocks, but since we have an nVidia and the cutdown chipset of the actual one, it might be harder to achieve higher clocks.

Back
Top Bottom