do you ever feel like...

If you want to do something, then do it. If your not preparing for it, not getting ready for what you want to do, then life IS passing you bye.

well you are on a computer forum...

+1 root. Nice come back.

As for me the only thing I've missed out on was being a dad. I've made all of my short term goals. Right now I'm back at what I have been wanting to get back to and that's managing another hotel property.
Long term goal is to make sure I retire with a little pocket money and do some traveling. I've been a lot of places, but that was work. Like to go back as a tourtist.

yea. being able to go where you want, for how long you want, with a nice sum of money would be the best feeling ever :)

I'm start my own computer programing/hardware design company. Make millions of dollars, but a private island. live there, with 6-10 friends. Have one large house in the middle of the island, and like 4-5 condo's. (for my firneds.)

I already got my plan. :)

I'm start my own computer programing/hardware design company. Make millions of dollars, but a private island. live there, with 6-10 friends. Have one large house in the middle of the island, and like 4-5 condo's. (for my firneds.)

I already got my plan. :)

Good luck with that in this economy! :p I have an established computer repair business and this economy wiped out 25% of my net worth in just my investment accounts. Then there's the lack of business, contract cancellations because they can't afford the added expense to their budget. At this point, my expenses are exceeding my revenues and it ain't looking good for me!

all businesses have it hard now because of the credit crunch. my dad owns a restaurant, and although its never made big bucks it used to be a nice money earner. now hes barely making ends meet/making a profit.

I hope you change your mind about MIT. I know a few people who went there and their honest opinion is that is just isn't a good school. Sure, it has the best technology education around, but college isn't meant to be spent cooped up in a library doing multi-variable calculus. Go somewhere fun (and that doesn't mean you can't go somewhere good).

Call me what you will, but so far I enjoy Calculus. Specially related rates, those are fun to do. But again, as much as I try to be responsible and study it's really hard for me. Every has come pretty easy and still does. MIT is the top-school on my list. I'm have second thoughts because I'm not so sure I want to go into the best school and be rich. I just want to have a happy balanced life. Other colleges I'm also considering are Rice, Cornell, and Michigan University. I'm going to also apply to Stanford and CalTech, but that's just because my dad wants me to.

Are you daft? You go to places like that to get the best education the academic staff has to offer. Not party your ass off, get high and drunk all the time. Besides, have you ever been alone with a horny female geek? Good times...

I just personally value experience over rigorous education. You could go to Villanova or USC (amazing tech programs), get a similar education, AND have a good time.

Back
Top Bottom