which graphics card to get?

You don't like ATi because you don't know why... I don't think that's a very good reason.

But it doesn't matter because the best card for your needs is the 8800GT/9800GT (whichever you can find for cheaper because they are the same card)
You'd be spending way too much on an 8800GT there. The max I'd spend on one if I was in the US would be ~$125 seeing as the HD 4850 is only a little more.

You'd be spending way too much on an 8800GT there. The max I'd spend on one if I was in the US would be ~$125 seeing as the HD 4850 is only a little more.

The Best Buy here is selling 8800GT's for $100. It's never a bad thing to drop by in-store every once in a while.

if you wanted Cabbs to buy one ans ship it to you, then why not just get it from newegg?

you could add us, we got the things saved under our avatars.

Im going to be getting Crysis Warhead soon, and when i do, i will try to max it out in XP and Vista, and i will tell you how many FPS i am getting so you will roughly know how much you would get.
Reason why i wont turn on AA is because last time i benched Crysis on max on vista with AA, my computer crashed and restarted.

You could wait for me, or any others that have the card to see how well it performs on Warhead, though its good to have around 2+ people to tell you how much FPS they are getting.

Triv, that seems like a really good CPU, I am building a new pc, the CPU seems like it's good for the gaming I am doing, do you like it? It seems like in a very good price range

so i finally got Crysis Warhead, and i tried playing it, and i get about 15-20FPS in the beginning with Enthusiests settings, and when i set everything on Gamers settings, i get about 20-30FPS with my current setup.
I played without AA, and on 1680 x 1050 resolution on DX9, and everything is at stock clock.
I will probably do vista, so if you get the 8800GT, then you will get roughly the same.
Unless something is holding my hardware back.

Back
Top Bottom