Poll / Discussion 3 VideoCard Battle

LambOfGod

Fully Optimized
Alright boys....

I will look into the bench marks a bit more soon. But I have a Choice of a Free Upgrade in the Videocard Department.

Option # 1. EVGA 8800GT (G92) 512MB Vanilla Flashed @ 650 Core 950 Mem (Zalman Cooler - Load 60C)

Option # 2. MSI 8800 GTS (G92) 512MB - Stock Cooler and Stock Clocks

Option # 3 EVGA 8800 GTX 768MB Superclocked stock cooler

What one would you get and why... Looking for more experienced members to answer here...

ALSO NOTE - I have PCI Express 2.0, and usually play at resolutions of 1400 X 1050 - but I also have a 50 Plasma and plan on gaming at the resolution of 1920 X 1080

Thanks,

i dont think theres much people that will buy 3 different 8800 series, and determine which one is better.
They pretty much tried one or the other, so they wouldnt know which one is better except the GTX (Unless its the old core) because its the better one out of the 3.

What is the chipset your motherboard is using? I guess I don't understand why you're staying in the 8 series..

What is the chipset your motherboard is using? I guess I don't understand why you're staying in the 8 series..

P45 is the chipset, I'm staying with the 8 series because its free..

I get to pick one of the following cards, and i want to see what is the best.

And Teny there is only one type of EVGA 8800 GTX 768MB and its the older one.

also like i said in the original post I'm not buying any of the cards, its just a free upgrade..

8800GTX. More VRAM an memory bandwidth.

That is true... I am still seeing the 8800 GTS trade blow after blow with this card though...

Like in COD4 - the GTS wins
in Crysis - the GTX wins

Keep the opinions coming guys

P45 is the chipset, I'm staying with the 8 series because its free..

I get to pick one of the following cards, and i want to see what is the best.

And Teny there is only one type of EVGA 8800 GTX 768MB and its the older one.

also like i said in the original post I'm not buying any of the cards, its just a free upgrade..

Oh, well sweet! Didn't see that in your original post.. :rolleyes:

GTX FTW.

More VRAM which will run your resolution better than the others, Higher Clocks, overall a great card. Resale value on this card is also much higher.

ahh, just the word super clocked makes it a def. vote superclocking=FTW

That is true... I am still seeing the 8800 GTS trade blow after blow with this card though...

Like in COD4 - the GTS wins
in Crysis - the GTX wins

Keep the opinions coming guys
The G92 GTS does have one advantage over the GTX, it has 64 TMUs instead of G80's 32, but that really doesn't make much of a difference and the GTX more than makes up for it's disadvantage there with the extra bandwidth and VRAM at higher resolutions.

Back
Top Bottom